South Laurel 37 Madison Southern 17

swamprat

From what I understand, it was a wild ending to the game. A bench clearing brawl took place, which SL had 3 players thrown out, and MS had 1. Then it spilled over into the parking lot when a SL parent grabbed a MS player. Anyone at the game who can give more details. This is coming from a 3rd person.

I do know that the officials got the number on a South player mixed up with a Madison player on the ejections. Fortunately there was plenty of video to show this clearly so it will be sent for review. The kid from South that they ejected was on the opposite side of the field and was never close to the brawl. The player from Madison that had the same number was involved in the melee and was allowed to continue playing. As for what happened in the parking lot i'm not sure. I know that when I walked by where the kids were eating that the Madison coaches were there along with some players and it was getting loud. I did find it amusing to see a couple of Madison coaches with the eye black on and painted up a little........Is this something they normally do?? Or just special for this game?