Monroe County 13 Barren County 6

SEMPERFIFALCON

A few thoughts,

Defense played very well.

Offensive line has to do a better job at pass blocking.

Defensive line has to get a pass rush going, a couple times last night Barren fumbled some snaps from the shotgun and the QB had time to scramble around, pick up the ball and complete a pass.

This team is still young but progressing well.

The offensive scheme for the Falcons was not very impressive. Barren stacked the box last night and Monroe just kept running it at them, which is fine considering we won, but Barren opened themselves up for a lot plays that could have let the Falcons pull away. The Falcons had one play that took advantage of Barren selling out and that was the shuffle pass, beyond that we continued to run at Barren's strength. No use of the Flats, minimal use of the TE's and no slant routes even when Barren continually lined up with no safety over the top. Bottom line is it’s great to see a young team progress, but to have any success this season the scheme is going to need to progress as well...

[

Barren County, Monroe County, and Warren East have a weird little triangle going on.

No doubt.

Monroe IMO could've easily won at Warren East but 7 fumbles is hard to overcome, not to mention speed has proven to be a problem for the Falcons defense. As for Barren Co. that’s a game the Falcons should've won much easier than they did, but they need to be able to finish drives better than they have so far this season.

Forgot to add my thoughts on Barren's head coach Jason Esters, who may be this whiniest coach I've ever heard give a radio interview. After listening to the end of the Falcons post game show I thought I would turn it over and listen to a bit of the Barren Co. broadcast, big mistake. I caught their interview with Coach Esters, and for the three minutes I heard him speak I learned lot about the man. He had every excuse in the book, everything from the officials being against them (which is crap, Monroe suffered more from the stripes than they did, Monroe had a TD called back for pushing the runner for goodness sake) he then informed the listeners that Barren just never plays good during the fourth week of the season??? He's been HC for two seasons at Barren and is 4-11, news flash coach, your week 4 performances aren’t much different than weeks 0-10. Then came radio gold when he went into how he hasn’t been sleeping well and how tore up he's been over their lack of success. It sounded like a guy who was given keys to a datsun and then complains that there are tears in the leather, oblivious to the fact it’s a datsun and it’s not leather its vinyl... Best thing Glasgow did was fire this guy before he even had a chance to coach a game, had he took the field just one time he may have set Glasgow back 10 years...