Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paris 2011/2012

Featured Replies

Basketball season for 2011/2012 should provide another exciting year. What should we expect from Paris? Remember, please be constructive.

Paris has the most underrated player, not only in the region, but in the state. Aaron Jacobs is around 6-7 and is good around the basket as well can shoot the three. Saw him play Clark County twice last year and he gave Vinny Zollo all he wanted. Paris got beat handily in both of the games and my guess this is why he doesn't get a lot of recognition. He could be a star player on many rosters. One of his coaches compared him to Jay Johnson of Woodford, but a better shooter. My guess is he's getting very few looks from schools, but should be.

Paris has the most underrated player, not only in the region, but in the state. Aaron Jacobs is around 6-7 and is good around the basket as well can shoot the three. Saw him play Clark County twice last year and he gave Vinny Zollo all he wanted. Paris got beat handily in both of the games and my guess this is why he doesn't get a lot of recognition. He could be a star player on many rosters. One of his coaches compared him to Jay Johnson of Woodford, but a better shooter. My guess is he's getting very few looks from schools, but should be.

 

Zollo played a little over a quarter and had 11 points.... I wouldn't say that is giving a player all he wanted. On the comparison to Jay Johnson...not even close. On getting looks, did he play AAU? That is where alot of players get thier name out there.

Zollo played a little over a quarter and had 11 points.... I wouldn't say that is giving a player all he wanted. On the comparison to Jay Johnson...not even close. On getting looks, did he play AAU? That is where alot of players get thier name out there.

 

He played with against Jay Johnson for a team called Charlotte Court I believe. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he started for them. Your comment again proves my point that he is not recognized as a good player because where he plays. If he was in the 11th region he would be considered just as good or better than Johnson. Comparing Zollo's box score is not the comparison I'm making. Any player from Clark should score against Paris. There is no one else to help Jacobs defend the "trees" at Clark. I was simply saying Jacobs had a couple of blocks against Zollo and made some nice post moves including a dunk, against, who was supposed to be, the "best big man in the state."

He played with against Jay Johnson for a team called Charlotte Court I believe. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he started for them. Your comment again proves my point that he is not recognized as a good player because where he plays. If he was in the 11th region he would be considered just as good or better than Johnson. Comparing Zollo's box score is not the comparison I'm making. Any player from Clark should score against Paris. There is no one else to help Jacobs defend the "trees" at Clark. I was simply saying Jacobs had a couple of blocks against Zollo and made some nice post moves including a dunk, against, who was supposed to be, the "best big man in the state."

Charlotte Court usually has a pertty good AAU team. If he started for them and did anything, he should be getting some looks from at least some small schools. About Zollo and Jacobs, I was at both games and didn't see that happen. I will be keeping up with Jacobs this year, hope he does well and gets the looks he needs to play at the next level.

On a different note, will Zollo see any action at Western. what is the good word in Bowling Green

He played with against Jay Johnson for a team called Charlotte Court I believe. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he started for them. Your comment again proves my point that he is not recognized as a good player because where he plays. If he was in the 11th region he would be considered just as good or better than Johnson. Comparing Zollo's box score is not the comparison I'm making. Any player from Clark should score against Paris. There is no one else to help Jacobs defend the "trees" at Clark. I was simply saying Jacobs had a couple of blocks against Zollo and made some nice post moves including a dunk, against, who was supposed to be, the "best big man in the state."

 

Several comments based on your quote, first, Jacobs is under-rated to some extent, but he is still one of the top players in the 10. At Paris Jacobs does score a lot, however, he does it Kobe style, usually having to shoot it 20 plus times to get his points. At times he shows great ability, but comparing him to Jay Johnson is not the way to go. Jacobs is no comparison to J. Johnson. As far as stating that Jacobs can shoot better than Johnson, I would say that the weakest part of Jacobs game is his perimeter shooting. Watch any team play against him when he is on the perimeter, they sag off, and for a good reason.

 

I would agree that while Zollo and Jacobs were in the game together, Jacobs held his own defensively on first chance opportunities, however, it was the second and third opportunities where Zollo got his against Jacobs. Offensively, Im not sure he did much other than that dunk (which was nice).

 

I think in order to Paris to be successful, the young men in that program are going to have to start believing in the system and what the coaches tell/teach them. They have one of the best, if not the best defender in the region on the first shot in Jacobs, but when they don't get that stop on the first shot, they get easily discouraged. In order to Paris to really be successful, I think that Jacobs will need to be more efficient on offense, scoring more on fewer shots and getting more second chance points. More importantly he is going to need some help scoring on the outside in order to give him room to work down low. Paris is a very different situation from other schools, but they definitely have the talent to compete every year.

On a different note, will Zollo see any action at Western. What is the good word in Bowling Green

 

Once he gets well...He had emergency surgery about 3 weeks ago, then reamitted to hospital with high fever and low white blood count, then was told he had Mono. Thanks for asking....very good kid.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.