Is it me just me or...

Deuce1042

Has Fayette County football been down the past few years?...with the exception of Lex. Catholic just about all the teams in Lexington havent had consistently good, competative years like they used to...Henry Clay is 0-3, Bryan Station is decent ( though they have been down too ), tates creek still needs to find their swagger...lexington christian has had alot of sucess but they seem to be rebuilding ( correct me if im wrong )...I remember the days not too long ago ( less than 10 years ago ) where all the teams in lexington were exceptionally good....lafeyette has played well considering who they have played but they still fall into list of lexington teams that just havent been all THAT lately...anyone agree?

As a whole Deuce, Lexington/Fayette Co. High School is a bit down. The city itself produces some good talent, but I would almost guarantee that if you looked across all the teams in the City, they are very incomplete. One team may have lots of speed and athleticism, little size. Another team has good Size and Strength, no real speed or athletes. Its somethings I've said about Lexington for awhile, the talent is distributed across the city so that it rarely seems that anyone school anymore is able to really dominate. The emergence of Lex Cath the past 15 years and LCA the past 8 years or so has also taken a toll on the larger schools. Just enough players go to one of the two private schools instead of their Public district school, and thus a team suffers. Another issue many people point out in Lexington football is that the organization of youth football leagues is not necessarily the best and especially at the middle school level can be seen as lacking.