Brossart Head Coach Matt Grosser To Take Principal Job At St. Mary

Mustang

Brossart High School teacher, dean of discipline, and head baseball coach, Matt Grosser, announced today that he will be leaving Brossart to accept the job of Principal at St. Mary Grade School effective this coming school year.

Matt has been a fixture at Brossart for the past 9 years and served as assistant coach on Bob Rowe's baseball staff each of the years prior to assuming the head coaching role in 2009.

During Matt's tenure as our head baseball coach, the Mustangs have recorded seasons of 12-17, 24-12, and 24-13. His Mustangs won the 10th Region "A" Championship in each of those three years, advancing to the All "A" State Tournament in 2010 and 2011 where they were "A" State Runners-Up this past spring. In 2010 the Mustangs were 37th District Champions and this past year, 37th District Runners-Up.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of talking with Matt a few times and he is a very genuine person. I hate to see such a good coach and person leaving the diamond, but I am sure that he will do great things at St Mary. Good Luck and God Bless Matt!

We were required to post the job for 30 days and accept applications.

Those of us close to the program feel that longtime assistant Ron Verst is a no-brainer for the job and will be a long-term asset to our baseball program.

In addition to outstanding baseball knowledge, Ron has been with the program for the past 10 years (or more), knows the area, will provide stability, and will be a very popular choice among returning Mustangs and their parents.

All teaching positions for the upcoming year have been filled and to the best of my knowledge there is no interest among faculty members in the job.