Lawrence County 9 Pikeville 6 15th Region finals

The Bulldogs of Lawrence Co have had one heck of a 1/2 decade on the diamond. This game was a barnburner! Chandler Shepard has been almost untouchable as has the kid starting for Pikeville. Neither pitcher has lost a game this year. Both have an ERA under 1.

LC was up 1-0 after 3. I think Pikeville scored in the 4th/5th to go up 6-1 in what looked like an all but done game. LC stuck together and hung 8 runs in the 5th to go up 9-6. Shepard got in a zone after that and was lights out to close it out. Couple of errors both sides probably which happens in big games. Both programs have put together an awesome run the last few years.

I said preseaon in the prediction thread I expected 1 of these teams to be playing in Lexington at the end of the year. Congrats Lawrence Co and Congrats to Chandler Shepard on getting the MVP of the Region again!

You could probably add up all the runs on the season and they wouldn't total that. It was a bizzare game with as much hype/pressure as any game I've ever seen. Electric with lots of pressure on the kids. He was untouchable the last couple of innings when they came back. Pikeville has had a heck of a team the last 2 years.

You could probably add up all the runs on the season and they wouldn't total that. It was a bizzare game with as much hype/pressure as any game I've ever seen. Electric with lots of pressure on the kids. He was untouchable the last couple of innings when they came back. Pikeville has had a heck of a team the last 2 years.
Did Jacob Hamilton start this game for Pikeville? What were his stats for the night pitching and hitting? Isn't he just an 8th grader?

How many people were at the game?

Did Jacob Hamilton start this game for Pikeville? What were his stats for the night pitching and hitting? Isn't he just an 8th grader?

According to this article, Hamilton is a freshman.

"Pikeville held a 6-1 lead in the 15th Region championship game on Thursday night in Prestonsburg, but the Bulldogs enjoyed a triumphant inning at the plate against Panthers freshman lefty Jacob Hamilton."

Daily Independent (Ashland, KY)

"Dawgs’ Klaw it out to 15th title: Senior Balaklaw delivers clutch hit in eight-run sixth"

http://dailyindependent.com/localsports/x1315239222/Dawgs-Klaw-it-out-to-15th-title

Edited by Homerun

Congrats to the Dawgs! Is that the most runs he has let up this season?

“They got to Chandler early with base hits, we didn't blotch it up with errors. Chandler was a different kid after he came back out on the mound after we put 8 runs on the board.” Lawrence County Coach Travis Feltner

“Dawgs roar back from deficit -- take Pikeville down for crown”

http://www.thelevisalazer.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=50&Itemid=235