Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Northern Ky Baseball Poll - Week #6

Featured Replies

1 Covington Catholic 105 (3)

2 Ryle 83 (3)

3 Holy Cross 82 (2)

4 Boone County 75 (3)

5 Newport Catholic 68

6 Beechwood 58

7 Dixie Heights 53

8 Brossart 43

9 Conner 41

10 Campbell County 37 (1)

 

* Campbell Co with a first-place vote - interesting.

 

Thoughts on this week's poll ?

Does the poll reflect how teams are playing NOW or is it a reflection of how they have fared over the course of the season?

Does the poll reflect how teams are playing NOW or is it a reflection of how they have fared over the course of the season?

 

OR does it it reflect how a team would fare against the others with their best pitcher on the hump?

  • Author

Clyde -

 

If I was a varsity coach who had to vote each week for a Top 10, I would vote according to how the teams were playing currently, not how they were playing earlier in the year. I would think that most of the Varsity coaches vote that way but who knows. I would think it would be like the NCAA basketball poll each week in College Basketball.

Clyde -

 

If I was a varsity coach who had to vote each week for a Top 10, I would vote according to how the teams were playing currently, not how they were playing earlier in the year. I would think that most of the Varsity coaches vote that way but who knows. I would think it would be like the NCAA basketball poll each week in College Basketball.

 

If that's the case then HC would be #1.

 

Baseball is a really tough sport to rank which is exemplified by the questions I posed. It would be like trying to rank football teams if they used 3 QBs a week.

1 Covington Catholic 105 (3)

2 Ryle 83 (3)

3 Holy Cross 82 (2)

4 Boone County 75 (3)

5 Newport Catholic 68

6 Beechwood 58

7 Dixie Heights 53

8 Brossart 43

9 Conner 41

10 Campbell County 37 (1)

 

* Campbell Co with a first-place vote - interesting.

 

Thoughts on this week's poll ?

 

Kind of de-legitimizes the poll when someone votes like this. They've lost 6 of their last 11. Of their five recent wins, four are over Dayton, Bellevue, Calvary, and Scott. Yeah, I'd say that's deserving of a #1 vote.

Within the last 10 days or so:

 

St. Henry & Holy Cross have beaten CCH

NCC & Dixie have beaten Ryle

Holy Cross, Highlands, and Beechwood have beaten Boone

Beechwood has beaten NCC

Conner has beaten Beechwood

Boone, Ryle, & NCC have beaten Dixie

 

I'd say it's pretty wide open, but clearly HC seems to be playing some very good baseball right now.

Holy Cross is indeed playing very well right now. Funny thing but I remember a few who wrote them off after 2 games earlier this year and said they were overrated. Where are you now fellas?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.