31st District

I believe Owen and Carroll will be a lot better this year because they have new head coaches. Owen, Carroll and Gallatin all have had younger players which play for good summer programs and should be stronger and more mature this year. IMO Gallatin Co. has the best pitcher/catcher combo. I'll go with the law of averages too.

I personally think that the 31st will be even more competitive this year than last. All four teams return most of their key players, pitchers included. Assuming everyone is healthy, Henry County will have the strongest pitching staff, with Owen and Gallatin not far behind. Gallatin and Carroll will be extremely young, although Gallatin showed their youth could win and be competitve last season. Carroll struggled last season, but I expect them to compete better this season if they can field the ball on a regular basis. I think Henry is still the team to beat, but would not be the least bit surprised to see a new district champion.

Henry County- Returns the best pitcher in the district, although alot will depend on how she recovers from back surgery. Their backup is very good also, a lefty. Returns the best hitter in the district, Vaughn, who played third base last season. Henry will need to replace their best defensive player and leadoff hitter at SS due to graduation. She was the engine that made them go offensively.

Owen County-Lost two key players to graduation at SS and CF. Pitching staff still intact and will be very solid. Could possibly be the best hitting team in the district.

Gallatin County-Returns everyone. Will have solid pitcher, but no viable back up as of yet. Will be very young, possibly starting in the infield alone, an 8th grader and three freshman (including the pitcher).

Carroll County- Pitching might be a concern. Also has a lot of young talent, but might be difficult for the youth to shoulder the whole burden due to very little talent in the upper grades. But, by no means she they be overlooked.

Would like to hear anyones opinions, agree or disagree. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Carroll Co. should be ok defensively. Shortstop is solid and having a catcher that can catch a strike this year should be a big improvement. If they hit the ball at all they could be competitive. Owen should be solid. Shortstop may be a problem. Gallatin's defense needs to improve for them to win. I agree with you totally.

Carroll Co. should be ok defensively. Shortstop is solid and having a catcher that can catch a strike this year should be a big improvement. If they hit the ball at all they could be competitive. Owen should be solid. Shortstop may be a problem. Gallatin's defense needs to improve for them to win. I agree with you totally.
Hearing that Gallatin could have a new first baseman due to last years first baseman choosing not to play this season (can't confirm), that could be interesting. Gallatin also has 26 games scheduled this season, for those of you familiar with the Gallatin softball program, that is about double the amount from previous seasons. North Oldham, South Oldham, and Simon Kenton have been added to the schedule which helps improve the overall strength of schedule. I know that 6 of the 9 top players still playing basketball right now will be getting just a 2-3 weeks of practice before the first game. Myself, I expect Gallatin to be very solid and hopefully compete for the All A, NCKC, and 31st District crowns. Would be tickled to death if they can win one of those.

I hear Gallatin is going to be stronger this year. Can anyone advise if Owen has lost alot because if not they will be strong again. Henry is still the team to beat I believe.
Owen lost their SS and CF to graduation, but will still be solid. Gallatin are extremely young, but still improving. Henry has won the last five 31st District titles.