2011 KHSAA State Swimming and Diving Championships

The state high school championships begins today at the University of Louisville. My 6th grade daughter is there swimming on the Hopkinsville High School relay teams. As the mother of several swimmers, I can tell you they are a dedicated, tireless bunch.

If anyone wants to watch the prelims today and the finals tomorrow, it will be on iHigh from the khsaa.org website.

Good luck to all swimmers!!!

The state high school championships begins today at the University of Louisville. My 6th grade daughter is there swimming on the Hopkinsville High School relay teams. As the mother of several swimmers, I can tell you they are a dedicated, tireless bunch.

If anyone wants to watch the prelims today and the finals tomorrow, it will be on iHigh from the khsaa.org website.

Good luck to all swimmers!!!

6th grade? Wow.

I'll be curious to see how NDA's Ellen Williamson fares. Heading to UVA in the fall.

The girls are ready to begin finals in just a few minutes! Hopkinsville's Susan Marquess is seeded 2nd in the 200 free and 1st in the 500 free and is looking for her first state championship. She is a senior who has signed with Western.

My daughter's two relays made it back today and are seeded 11th. GREAT experience for an 11 year old and best part is, she had two personal best times yesterday! So proud of her! She is not intimidated one bit swimming with all those big girls.

Here's the link if anyone wants to watch it-- http://www.ihigh.com/khsaa/broadcast_152380.html?silverlight=1

The girls begin at 10 am EST

Ellen had a great prelim round and her brother Max was equally strong, with two first place qualifying times. I think the Williamson family will have a really strong day tomorrow.

I got a tweet from the KHSAA today that said Ellen set the state record int he 100 Fly.