Mason County 42 Fleming County 0

This one went as expected. Royals scored early and often and held an undermanned Panther team to under 50 yards of offense in the first half. Fleming with 5 personal fouls in the space of about 16 minutes of football. To Coach Spencer's credit, he said that wasn't Fleming Countyy football and he did sit one or two as an object lesson.

Fleming finishes the season against Bath; Mason vs. Greenup.

Funniest moment of the game for me was when the PA announcer said, "Mason County recovers the onsides kick. An 8-yard kick."

Surely to goodness he knows that even an 8-inch kick - when touched by the receiving team first - is a live ball?

The ball was never touched by the receiving team. Most, including the coaching staff did not think the ball traveled 10 yards. The officials explanation was that the ball went 10 yards and then went backwards. Although I wasn't buying it at the time, game film shows that he probably got it right. The ball had a crazy amount of spin on it. I'm not convinced that it was a called onside kick, but possibly a "miss" by the kicker. If it was called I wouldn't want to play pool with the kicker because he could put some crazy english on the cue ball.

The ball was never touched by the receiving team. Most, including the coaching staff did not think the ball traveled 10 yards. The officials explanation was that the ball went 10 yards and then went backwards. Although I wasn't buying it at the time, game film shows that he probably got it right. The ball had a crazy amount of spin on it. I'm not convinced that it was a called onside kick, but possibly a "miss" by the kicker. If it was called I wouldn't want to play pool with the kicker because he could put some crazy english on the cue ball.

There was another kick that looked like a whiff and went 7 yards that Fleming never touched. Some crazy kicks on Friday night.

And Gilbert can more often than not get it to the end zone. I think Coach B likes to give the next week's opponent something to game plan for.