Mason County 39 West Carter 20

mcpapa

Final. 19-14 at half, West played fast and hard. Royals put the game away late in the third quarter.

Lots of big plays throughout the game. Royals scored on a blocked punt and a TD return of an onsides kick (Gilbert tipped it and Pawsat ran it in). I thought a big game from Tyler Black tonight.

Coach Buchanan had nothing but positives to say about Coach Brown and the Comets on the postgame show. They were probably undermanned but played very aggressively the entire game.

Royals still being flagged way too often, but I can't complain too much on a night that the district title is wrapped up. Congrats Royals!

Great game in Maysville tonight. West had 3 turnovers which lead to three Mason touchdowns. On a side note Bond from West showed up big at Corner tonight holding Gilbert to only one reception and a non-factor in Masons offense.

Stopping Gilbert and Harris has been the focus of most opponents of Mason this year. Unfortunately for them, Mason has Tyler Black (2 TD catches last night), Tyler McFarland, Marcel Jackson, Xavia Shurn and a couple of others catching passes. Fullback Troy Chenault is averaging more per carry than Harris partly because of the focus on Harris. Plus, Harris had 3 catches for 67 yards. Except for Danville, slowing Gilbert and/or Harris has been a hollow victory for Mason's opponents.

Stopping Gilbert and Harris has been the focus of most opponents of Mason this year. Unfortunately for them, Mason has Tyler Black (2 TD catches last night), Tyler McFarland, Marcel Jackson, Xavia Shurn and a couple of others catching passes. Fullback Troy Chenault is averaging more per carry than Harris partly because of the focus on Harris. Plus, Harris had 3 catches for 67 yards. Except for Danville, slowing Gilbert and/or Harris has been a hollow victory for Mason's opponents.

The development of Mason's "secondary" weapons on offense has been very gratifying.

Correct Mason is loaded with talent. I was commenting more on the fact that Mason features Gilbert more than any of their many talents on offense. I was just pointing out that Bond shut Gilbert down in the match up between the two players. With Gilbert and Bond both being very nice players.