Clay County vs. North Laurel predictions

nedreader

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think Clay will roll on this one. One thing I just can't figure out about Clay. They seem to have a slump early in the game. Then they come out on fire in the second half. What is up with that? If they can put a complete game together like they play in the second half they would be dangerous. Good luck to both teams.

Clay 36

North 19

Their coach makes adjustments at halftime and also gives them a "nice" talk... at least that would be my guess. Arnett is a prior defensive coach and learned under one of the best high school coaches in the nation(Bill Castle- Lakeland, Fla.) If you notice, Clay tends to give up most of their pts. in the 1st half. Clay has given up 117 pts. this year with only 38(close estimate) of those coming in the 2nd half. So, either they make great adjustments or their team is in better shape... or both.

I'd say inferior competition is why they are winning in the second half:

Their 3 wins:

South: 0-5 (South had mass turnovers in the second half, but moved the ball easily all night)

Middlesboror 2-3 (I know Clay was down big in this game, not sure how they came back)

Scott 1-3

They trailed in every game I'm pretty sure

Their one loss was to 4-1 Knox Central. They lost 9-6. No second half adjustments there.

I've heard clay has a bunch of atheletes, but eventually getting behind early is going to bite them. Maybe not this week, but down the road or in the playoffs.