Corbin 8 North Laurel 4

4chs

Solid season for the Jags, but it is tough to beat a team 3 times in one season. Congrats to the Redhounds on earning their spot in the regional finals.

There are no real strong teams in the region this year in my opinion. North Laurel, Clay Co., Corbin, Knox Central, Whitley Co. and Middlesboro were all pretty even with any of them capable of winning the region this year. Good year for the Jags, the tough schedule they played should help their young players realize what areas they need to improve upon to get NL to the next level.

There are no real strong teams in the region this year in my opinion. North Laurel, Clay Co., Corbin, Knox Central, Whitley Co. and Middlesboro were all pretty even with any of them capable of winning the region this year. Good year for the Jags, the tough schedule they played should help their young players realize what areas they need to improve upon to get NL to the next level.

Good points. I thought McWhorter did a very good job with a young team in putting together a very solid season with a tough schedule. It may have been his best coaching job (2nd only to the job he did in the 2007 postseason when NL won the region and the first game of the semi-state vs Greenup County with a sub .500 team).

I also think that Ledington did a very good job for the Hounds in his first season.