Boone County 13 Cooper 1

hja1224

Cooper needed to play the perfect game to win and they couldn't do it tonight. Thompson was not himself and pulled during a 10 run third in which Cooper used 3 pitchers. Teegarden for Boone looked very good. I had prior commitments and had to leave in the third when Boone started their big inning. The score was 1-0 going to bottom of 3.

No one play decided this game and IMO Boone is sure the better team. However, the first batter reaches on a dropped line drive to left field and reaches 2nd. The next batter singles so 1st and 3rd. The infield is pulled in as coach knows his team will struggle to score off Teegarden. The next batter hits a high bouncer over pulled in SS's head, which would possibly been double play but atleast force out at 2nd if playing normal depth. It would have either ended the inning or runner on 1st two outs. Instead, the flood gates opened and I was receiving text's on my way to my other commitment about singles, squeeze plays, double's, HR, etc.. I think it was a 10 run inning.

Some may say you should have played normal depth anyway and give up the run at third and hindsight may be the play but as you can see, Cooper only scored 1 run anyway so every run was critical.

Great job by Boone County and good luck the rest of the way.

Cooper needed to play the perfect game to win and they couldn't do it tonight. Thompson was not himself and pulled during a 10 run third in which Cooper used 3 pitchers. Teegarden for Boone looked very good. I had prior commitments and had to leave in the third when Boone started their big inning. The score was 1-0 going to bottom of 3.

No one play decided this game and IMO Boone is sure the better team. However, the first batter reaches on a dropped line drive to left field and reaches 2nd. The next batter singles so 1st and 3rd. The infield is pulled in as coach knows his team will struggle to score off Teegarden. The next batter hits a high bouncer over pulled in SS's head, which would possibly been double play but atleast force out at 2nd if playing normal depth. It would have either ended the inning or runner on 1st two outs. Instead, the flood gates opened and I was receiving text's on my way to my other commitment about singles, squeeze plays, double's, HR, etc.. I think it was a 10 run inning.

Some may say you should have played normal depth anyway and give up the run at third and hindsight may be the play but as you can see, Cooper only scored 1 run anyway so every run was critical.

Great job by Boone County and good luck the rest of the way.[/QUOTE]

Thank you 1224. The future is bright for those young men at Cooper. They have a great program started and will continue to grow.

The first 2 innings of the game were great and as HJA1224 said the flood gates opened. That's baseball and it can happen at any time. Cooper is just not there quite yet but as First Base said, the future is bright. Since our horses are out of the race I will have to side for the Rebels. Good Luck Boone!