Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boone County 2010

Featured Replies

Any thoughts about Boone this year? We all know that the 33rd Distric will be very tough this year, where it can be any teams disrict. I would feel very comfortable saying that a team from the 33rd will win the 9th region. Now Back to Boone :laugh: I see Boone has having a very good team this year, their pitching from what i know will be about the same as last year if not better. I believe their Defense and Offense will both improve. With their very tough schedule this year i imagine their record will not be as good as last year, but then again their great winning record didn't do them much good, for loosing the 1st game of districs. Any thoughts???

I know that Boone has added to their pitching greatly with Doug Teegarden being a year older, Heritage's best pitcher in Mark Wheatley transfering, and Coopers best pitcher, Travis Turner also transfering to Boone, my bet is they win districts and regionals. Their hitting should also be superb with Jackson Lauman, Ronald Cotton, and Nate Alford all swinging a solid stick.

Don't forget about Trevor Dunaway!!! He will compete for POY in the 9th!

Very true, Dunaway can definitley hit. My only concern with him is if he can keep his arm healthy this year. If he does that no doubt he'll be in the conversation!

I know that Boone has added to their pitching greatly with Doug Teegarden being a year older, Heritage's best pitcher in Mark Wheatley transfering, and Coopers best pitcher, Travis Turner also transfering to Boone, my bet is they win districts and regionals. Their hitting should also be superb with Jackson Lauman, Ronald Cotton, and Nate Alford all swinging a solid stick.

 

Their hitting will be solid, it will not be "superb." Slight overstatement. Boone's pitching will be carried by Deno, Laumann, and Teegarden. Your transfer stud pitchers that you seem to allude to in just about every one of your posts will find pitching agaisnt Boone's level of competition an entirely different animal.

I know that Boone has added to their pitching greatly with Doug Teegarden being a year older, Heritage's best pitcher in Mark Wheatley transfering, and Coopers best pitcher, Travis Turner also transfering to Boone, my bet is they win districts and regionals. Their hitting should also be superb with Jackson Lauman, Ronald Cotton, and Nate Alford all swinging a solid stick.

 

You keep talking about these young transfers! Have they physically moved to allow them to play and have they been cleared by the KHSAA?

I know that Boone has added to their pitching greatly with Doug Teegarden being a year older, Heritage's best pitcher in Mark Wheatley transfering, and Coopers best pitcher, Travis Turner also transfering to Boone, my bet is they win districts and regionals. Their hitting should also be superb with Jackson Lauman, Ronald Cotton, and Nate Alford all swinging a solid stick.

 

Plain and simple Ryle will have the best hitting in the 9th. Dixie will have the best pitching. Boone will be solid also. I see them as the 3rd best team in the Region. Their 3 BEST starting pitchers will be IMO:

 

1. Teegarden

2. Deno

3. Laughmann

 

Then maybe if they are lucky your two stud transfers will have a shot to pitch in a game or two. Honestly I still dont think either will have that big of an impact on the Rebs team this year. They have some talent coming up from the JV level that can replace Turner and Wheatley without a problem.

I completely agree with theshack! There will be plenty of pitching coming up from JV. I don't even see the two transfers being in the starting rotation. Deno will hopefully carry Boone through another great season. Even without him they will have Laumann, Teagarden, Alford, Murphy, and Brodsky to see plenty of innings this year.

I completely agree with theshack! There will be plenty of pitching coming up from JV. I don't even see the two transfers being in the starting rotation. Deno will hopefully carry Boone through another great season. Even without him they will have Laumann, Teagarden, Alford, Murphy, and Brodsky to see plenty of innings this year.

 

Very nice young man. I also think he'll contribute some meaningful innings for Boone this year and will be rooting for him - except when he throws against Ryle, of course. :p

Very nice young man. I also think he'll contribute some meaningful innings for Boone this year and will be rooting for him - except when he throws against Ryle, of course. :p

 

:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.