Male 75 Manual 65

So much for Manual being such a hot team in the Seventh Region.

Nice win for the Bulldogs!

Manual up 1 with little over a minute left and they blew it, but still a very good team. We shall soon see if you are correct next week. Hats off to Male on quite a good come back from being down by double digits most of the game. They played one bad quarter over the last 34 quarters, so I guess you are right, they aren't a hot team. The rest of the region should over look them now.

Manual is 8 - 1 over the last 9 games in 7th region play. Only Trinity has a better record during that stretch.

Manual busted out to a 13 to 1 lead from the tip and had a comfortable 13-point lead at the half. When Male got within 7 near the end of the 2nd quarter, Manual forced the tempo and the Crimson with Samsel's open court play pushed the lead to 13 with a 6 - 0 spurt just as the horn sounded. Nikolic was unstoppable inside with 14 first half points to boot.

Male couldn't run with them, but 2nd half was a different story. For whatever reason, Manual let Male dictate a half court game (except for a few runouts), hit a few threes and new game. Nikolic became MIA in Male's 3-2 zone, and Samsel was taken out of his game in the slower pace while Male trapped at every opportunity.

I'm not one to bemoan the refs, but the were awful on both sides of the ball and in a way dictated the tempo of the game as well.

Its a wide-open regional. Don't think for a moment that Trinity or Ballard will be overlooking a #2 seed team like Manual. I don't think any #1 seed wishes to play us first round.

Lastly, a shout out to Alex Nikolic. 18 points and 12 boards along with numerous blocked and altered shots against Male and doesn't make All-district team? Maybe the Courier can point this error out. Great game Alex!