Newport 61 Dayton 49

This was a better game than it should have been. The Newport team let Dayton dictate the pace, Dayton stayed packed in a 2 - 3 zone all night Newport missed a lot of open outside shots. The Dayton team seems to play more team ball without the Eastin kid.

This was a better game than it should have been. The Newport team let Dayton dictate the pace, Dayton stayed packed in a 2 - 3 zone all night Newport missed a lot of open outside shots. The Dayton team seems to play more team ball without the Eastin kid.

Where is Eastin? I read the boxscore and it looked like it was a 3 pt game after the 3rd qtr.

To the best of my knowledge, Eastin has been sick. It is definitely not true that he has been having it out with Dilts-totally false.

It COULD have been a different outcome with him in the lineup but we will never know. Could see a rematch of this one before districts if Newport takes care of St. Henry in the All A.

Not so sure I agree with this. These teams match up against each other pretty well (see last year's district matchup).

This game was actually much closer than the score says. It was back and forth in the first half with probably 8 ties and lead changes. Newport went into the half up 6 after 2 of the Dayton players got into foul trouble late in the half.

The 2nd half it was a 2-4 point game the whole way until the final minutes of the game, despite Turner from Dayton picking up his 4th foul early in the 3rd on an iffy charge call and Bowden picking up his 4th also. #24 for Newport burried all his free throws down the stretch to seal the victory for the Wildcats.

#23 for Newport is a nice player, doesn't show a lot of emotion, can play all over the court, and is smooth around the basket- I don't have stats, but I would guess he was their leading scorer. For Dayton, Senior Timmy Massey had a very good all around game.

It would be nice to see these 2 teams play again with Dayton at full strength.

Edited by Devil4Life33

To the best of my knowledge, Eastin has been sick. It is definitely not true that he has been having it out with Dilts-totally false.

It COULD have been a different outcome with him in the lineup but we will never know. Could see a rematch of this one before districts if Newport takes care of St. Henry in the All A.

Has this draw been set ?