High school football home field advantage

hoosierbirdfan

Is it really an advantage ,like in NKY,when most visiting teams travel 30-40 minutes on a bus,and bring almost all of their fan base with them? I've never been to Elders " pit" but I would have to say ,from what I have read, that is one place where it does apply. Does your team have an advantage while playing at home?

I think it does for the smaller schools that the fan base is much larger for their home games.

From what I have seen at now 2 different smaller schools is that alot of people

get to go to the home games but for the away games seem to be family and a lot less kids.

Home field is an advantage in most cases it just depends to what extent it is an advantage. Like Devjug said, some fan bases don’t travel well. Many stadiums do not have adequate visitor locker rooms and the visiting team might be in the gym, the endzone, or wherever pre-game and during halftime. In other cases the home field announcer can be very animated for the home team. Lastly I think that most teams are just more comfortable playing on their home turf, especially verses a long bus ride for an away game.