Lexington Lafayette/Shelby County Scrimmage

retired

I saw a summary posted elsewhere showing that Shelby Co. beat Lafayette 28-0 in the varsity portion of the scrimmage and 14-0 in the JV portion.

If this is correct, I would love to have some details. Based on last year's records and returning talent projected for this season Lafayette should have been the easy winner. Can anyone verify if this is correct and report haow this happened? :eek:

This is no surprise.

Don't be deceived by Shelby County's record last year. The Rockets were poised to be one of the highest scoring teams in the state when star QB Brandon Cresap went down - one of the best QBs you probably haven't heard of. Incredibly poised passer, and he had one of the better OLs I've seen and some great receivers.

Overnight, Shelby County had to completely re-tool...no credible backup QB, and the #2 QB was not a threat as a passer; Coach Shipley turned what had been a wide open passing team into a decent power running team, but the revamped offense took a while to put together. The defense usually spent too much time on the field, and as a result, they couldn't finish games, although they gave some of their top opponents tough outings. They gave 5A top 10 Oldham County a real fight in their final regular season game, and hardly embarrassed themselves against Male in the playoffs.

With the vast majority of their key people back - including Cresap - Shelby could make a lot of noise

this year. People looking at last year's 1-10 record only will be shocked.