All "A" state tournament

Lunatic1

I can not see where this is posted but the website has the format and pools listed for this tournament. All that has to happen are the regional tournaments to fill in the blanks.

It does appear that this year they will take 1 team from each region instead of 2 teams like last year.

I believe I heard last year that the organizers used the "basketball regions" not the "volleyball regions". It is also on the same weekend as Louisville Invitational Volleyball Tournament, so teams like St Henry, NCC, Presentation, Covington Holy Cross, and Bishop Brossart will most likely not be at the All "A". Makes no sense to me why they would have it then and not use the vball regions.:confused:

Since it is not KHSAA state tournament I guess they can make the tournament how they want. I actually do not understand why the BBALL and Volleyball regions and districts are not the same anyway.

I am not sure who organized it last year but it looks much different this year. It is too bad the Louisville tournament is at the same time but it is still a great opportunity for the small rural schools.

Since it is not KHSAA state tournament I guess they can make the tournament how they want. I actually do not understand why the BBALL and Volleyball regions and districts are not the same anyway.

I am not sure who organized it last year but it looks much different this year. It is too bad the Louisville tournament is at the same time but it is still a great opportunity for the small rural schools.

I would guess the volleyball regions are different from basketball because there are still several schools around the state who don't field volleyball teams. As more teams are started, I would look for the regions to begin aligning better with hoops.

I believe I heard last year that the organizers used the "basketball regions" not the "volleyball regions". It is also on the same weekend as Louisville Invitational Volleyball Tournament, so teams like St Henry, NCC, Presentation, Covington Holy Cross, and Bishop Brossart will most likely not be at the All "A". Makes no sense to me why they would have it then and not use the vball regions.:confused:

Maybe that was the only time they could use Eastern's arena? If I'm not mistaken, this is only the second All "A" State volleyball tournament in which everyone is involved. I'm guessing they're still working out some kinks. For what it's worth, it took three years before the girl's basketball All "A" State went to a 16-region tournament.