Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan City and coaching cards?

Featured Replies

I was told that Harlan City did not accept Harlan County's coaching cards, any truth to this? I thought all school were to honor coaching cards unless it was a playoff or bowl game in football and tourny's in basketball.

I was told that Harlan City did not accept Harlan County's coaching cards, any truth to this? I thought all school were to honor coaching cards unless it was a playoff or bowl game in football and tourny's in basketball.

 

You are correct, they did not. I really don't care but what is fair for one should be fair for all. If the shoe was switched, the county would be called a bunch of low life county people. Maybe the KHSAA needs to include in the policy- Playoff, bowl games and when the city plays the county! lol

I was told that Harlan City did not accept Harlan County's coaching cards, any truth to this? I thought all school were to honor coaching cards unless it was a playoff or bowl game in football and tourny's in basketball.

 

Like lungbuster said, this is CORRECT! The coaches were told "they don't honor those cards." The question is, who are "they" to determine if the cards are honored or not at a regular season game. I would be willing to bet "they" honor them for the other schools that play them at home. That was just simply wrong!

I don't think there is any written rule/law to deal with coaches/officials cards. Most accept them most games with the exception of postseason and some showcases or panoramas.

I don't think there is any written rule/law to deal with coaches/officials cards. Most accept them most games with the exception of postseason and some showcases or panoramas.

 

Or unless the city plays the county!lol

I got one better than coaching cards. They made my daughter who just turned 2 years old pay full price to get into the B-ball game. Anyway good win for the Bears last night.

I got one better than coaching cards. They made my daughter who just turned 2 years old pay full price to get into the B-ball game. Anyway good win for the Bears last night.

 

That's crazy. Isn't there supposed to be a "student" price and and adult price? If she's not a student yet, then why did she have to pay?

That's crazy. Isn't there supposed to be a "student" price and and adult price? If she's not a student yet, then why did she have to pay?

 

.........because she was probably wearing a Black Bear T-Shirt. That would be my guess. Come on, a 2 year old! That's just sad!!

I got one better than coaching cards. They made my daughter who just turned 2 years old pay full price to get into the B-ball game. Anyway good win for the Bears last night.

 

Now, that is crazy! It's so bad that it is humorous! You should have said, "No!"

  • Author

Wideopen, please tell me you are kidding me. 2 years old and had to pay?

 

Well I have talked to more and more people about this and there are some really angry county people out there. In a way I hope that the county does not honor the city's cards Monday for the girls game or Feb. 5th for the boys game but part of me thinks that the county should not sink to the level that the city showed Tuesday.

Wideopen, please tell me you are kidding me. 2 years old and had to pay?

 

Well I have talked to more and more people about this and there are some really angry county people out there. In a way I hope that the county does not honor the city's cards Monday for the girls game or Feb. 5th for the boys game but part of me thinks that the county should not sink to the level that the city showed Tuesday.

 

Exactly! Two wrongs don't make a right!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.