Mayfield 55 Carlisle County 54 (overtime)

Congrats to the boys from Mayfield who voted to play the game Tuesday night in honor and memory of their fallen classmates from this past weekends boating tragedy. The Cards trailed most of the ballgame and even were behind by 9 points on Carlisle's home court before making the comeback tying the game at 51 at the end of regulation and won it in overtime. Coming into the game Carlisle County was in the top 10 in the state in scoring at over 80 points per game and had one of the top scorers in the state in Caleb Hardy who was held to just 10 points. The Cardinals played inspiring basketball and played with extreme heart Tuesday night and you could tell that they were willing themselves through the emotional and physical drain that they have gone through this week in pulling out the victory. In the big picture of things going on this week here in Mayfield a basketball game doesn't seem that important anymore...but the win Tuesday night hopefully will begin the small step of healing the school and community as we continue going through this trying time as two boys bodies are still missing and the funeral services for another one is pending. I have had the priviledge of announcing many a Mayfield football and basketball game over the past 5 years, and I have never been prouder of a group of young men as I was last night watching them pull together as one for the hard fought win over a very good Carlisle County squard.

Edited by cardinalsvoice08
misspelling

Congrats to the boys from Mayfield who voted to play the game Tuesday night in honor and memory of their fallen classmates from this past weekends boating tragedy. The Cards trailed most of the ballgame and even were behind by 9 points on Carlisle's home court before making the comeback tying the game at 51 at the end of regulation and won it in overtime. Coming into the game Carlisle County was in the top 10 in the state in scoring at over 80 points per game and had one of the top scorers in the state in Caleb Hardy who was held to just 10 points. The Cardinals played inspiring basketball and played with extreme heart Tuesday night and you could tell that they were willing themselves through the emotional and physical drain that they have gone through this week in pulling out the victory. In the big picture of things going on this week here in Mayfield a basketball game doesn't seem that important anymore...but the win Tuesday night hopefully will begin the small step of healing the school and community as we continue going through this trying time as two boys bodies are still missing and the funeral services for another one is pending. I have had the priviledge of announcing many a Mayfield football and basketball game over the past 5 years, and I have never been prouder of a group of young men as I was last night watching them pull together fas one for the hard fought win over a very good Carlisle County squard.

All involved has been in my thoughs and prayers since I heard the news. Being a teacher for 27 years , I have experienced what you all are going through. Angels are with all involved.