Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulaski County 20 McCreary County 0 (JV)

Featured Replies

The biggest problem I've always seen with McCreary came at the elementary level. They've won there for years usually because McCreary always has some monster kids at that age and the offense scheme was always run it straight up the middle. I went to one game several years back where they ran qb sneak at least 15 times in an elementary game. Yes they won that game easily of one of the Laurel elementary schools if memory serves me, but they didn't learn anything. Laurel lost running counters and a few passes. The biggest thing at those age is fundamentals. I agree with House fully that winning at JV means nothing. But, I said this then about McCreary until they can get some coaches at the elementary level that teach fundamentals and do more than qb sneaks and straight up the middle runs the kids won't be prepared when they get to high school. I don't doubt the elementary coaches in McCreary care and I don't doubt that they mean well, just an observation I had a few years back.

 

I don't disagree with you at all. This is where other schools have tradition............what I mean is they have had programs long enough to have players graduate start families and have sons of their own playing football and these are the guys coaching those programs. They have been taught good fundamentals going through their football years and now they are passing their knowledge on as coaches. McCreary is just now getting to the point where former players are wanting to get involved because they now have sons of their own wanting to play. Like I said, baby steps is how you build a program and every small step is crucial to the future success of the program. We crawled for years now we are walking and hopefully in the near future we can start running. No matter what we are going to work hard for our kids just like everyone else!

Update on Watts, he sustained a very deap cut to the upper arm, there was no nerve damage thank goodness. We are almost positive he will be out for the rest of football season and possibly some of B-ball season. Some of the coaches are going to to see him tonight and I will try to give you all the facts later tonight.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.