Question about Dixie Heights

jbwill2

I have a question for NKY football fans, and specifically Dixie Heights fans...

Not too long ago Dixie Heights knocked Trinity out of the playoffs (in 2004, I believe). Also, DH defeated Highlands in the 2002 regular season. It just seems to me that for the past few years Dixie Heights has become more and more of a non-factor in football. And although they won tonight, often Dixie loses games that aren't even very close.

Did Dixie just happen to have an unusually high level of talent in the early-mid 2000's, or has something else been going on that caused a bit of a downward drift for DH?

Not too long ago Dixie Heights knocked Trinity out of the playoffs (in 2004, I believe). Also, DH defeated Highlands in the 2002 regular season. It just seems to me that for the past few years Dixie Heights has become more and more of a non-factor in football. And although they won tonight, often Dixie loses games that aren't even very close.

Did Dixie just happen to have an unusually high level of talent in the early-mid 2000's, or has something else been going on that caused a bit of a downward drift for DH?

Yeah, it's called a lack of leadership from the top down..It's bad from the adminstration all the way down to the players...IMO Dixie has enough talent every year to do something special. They just seem to not have the dedication or desire to get it done...

jbwill2 - There is a closed post from about 2 weeks ago titled "Dixie - Bye week" that might give you a lot of insight and answer at least part of this question for you. Check it out and then see what you think.