Monroe County 37 Larue County 15

SEMPERFIFALCON

One thing about tonight’s game I did not like was a call made late in the third qtr. The situation was 4th and goal from the one yard line, Larue Co. handed the ball off and the runner was hit and turned toward the sideline reveling the ball to the line judge only, the runner was then pushed backed at which point the line judge came in and called the runner down No touchdown. Then out of nowhere the Lead ref calls a conference at the five yard line and after about a 2min delay calls a touchdown. IMO it was one of the worst calls I’ve seen in quite a while, its not that there’s no way the runner could have scored because it had to be close, however the only person that was in position to make that call made it and said no TD. I don’t see how talking about it for a couple of minutes can change that…

One thing about tonight’s game I did not like was a call made late in the third qtr. The situation was 4th and goal from the one yard line, Larue Co. handed the ball off and the runner was hit and turned toward the sideline reveling the ball to the line judge only, the runner was then pushed backed at which point the line judge came in and called the runner down No touchdown. Then out of nowhere the Lead ref calls a conference at the five yard line and after about a 2min delay calls a touchdown. IMO it was one of the worst calls I’ve seen in quite a while, its not that there’s no way the runner could have scored because it had to be close, however the only person that was in position to make that call made it and said no TD. I don’t see how talking about it for a couple of minutes can change that…

It sounds like he probably did score, but I hate overrules and extended conferences. Make the call and move on.

Another nice win for Monroe County. Two weeks until their first district game, but I'm starting to think the Falcons could win this.

One thing I really like about this team is their work pail mentality, they roll their sleeves up and give all they have and that’s all you can ask. Tonight they out worked a good 4A football team and made some big plays when they had to.

Semper, I remember before the season started, you said this Monroe team would bear watching and how this particular Sr class would be special...My man, you may well be right...I'm starting to believe these guys could be a team to be reckoned with...They've certainly been impressive thus far...Nice call !! I think at this point, at least, they definately deserve some consideration in the rankings, don't you?

Semper, I remember before the season started, you said this Monroe team would bear watching and how this particular Sr class would be special...My man, you may well be right...I'm starting to believe these guys could be a team to be reckoned with...They've certainly been impressive thus far...Nice call !! I think at this point, at least, they definately deserve some consideration in the rankings, don't you?

:thumb: The Taylor Co. win is starting to look even better and Larue looks to be a good team as well.

Here's some food for thought as well (not that I put much stock in it),

Taylor Co. beats Somerset/ Somerset crushes Metcalfe.

Larue stomps Washington/ Washington plays Green tight and only loses by 8.

Glasgow is now 0-3 after losing to Barren Co. 14-13...Something to think about.

:thumb: The Taylor Co. win is starting to look even better and Larue looks to be a good team as well.

Here's some food for thought as well (not that I put much stock in it),

Taylor Co. beats Somerset/ Somerset crushes Metcalfe.

Larue stomps Washington/ Washington plays Green tight and only loses by 8.

Glasgow is now 0-3 after losing to Barren Co. 14-13...Something to think about.

Funny you say that because I was sorta thinking along those same lines.. I still feel Green is the team to beat in the district with Monroe a close 2nd.. Glasgow has been dissapointing and Metcalfe looks to be in somewhat of a rebuilding mode....I will say this, if I had a vote, and I don't, but, Monroe would move into the rankings this week in the 6 to 7 range, especially with teams like Trigg Co, Bardstown, Oboro Cath all losing... Not that any of those losses were what I'd call bad losses, it still may open the door...:thumb:

Funny you say that because I was sorta thinking along those same lines.. I still feel Green is the team to beat in the district with Monroe a close 2nd.. Glasgow has been dissapointing and Metcalfe looks to be in somewhat of a rebuilding mode....I will say this, if I had a vote, and I don't, but, Monroe would move into the rankings this week in the 6 to 7 range, especially with teams like Trigg Co, Bardstown, Oboro Cath all losing... Not that any of those losses were what I'd call bad losses, it still may open the door...:thumb:

I still don't know where I stand on Green Co. I think I'll know more after they play Campbellsville next week, a team Monroe beat in a scrimmage...

I do remember when Monroe and Green squared off in a JV game 2 years ago (when the current seniors played JV) and it was a battle to the end...