Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro 14 Owensboro Catholic 7

Featured Replies

I didn't think this one would be this close.

As impressed as I was with Owensboro last week against Evansville Reitz, I was equally disappointed with their effort tonight. The Devils were up 14 -0 with over 6:00 left in the 1st quarter. They moved the ball really well on the ground in their opening drive, and got a pick 6 from Yantae Williams. After that the offense was very vanilla and very predictable.

 

Cal Prince was 2 of 9 for 42 yards and 2 Ints. Yorell Shemwell had 183 yards rushing on about 22 carries. Most of which were between the tackles. It very much appeared as if Owensboro was playing not to lose. They appeared very content to run it up the middle, go 3 and out and let the defesne hold them.

 

Catholic blocked a punt to set themselves up with very good field position right before the half, and was able to get their only touchdown of the night. Starting quarterback Evan Walker, left the game with an injury, after (I think) only one series. The 2nd QB used threw a pick 6 on his only series and I never saw him back in the game again. The 3rd QB #4 also named Evan (don't remember last name) came on and looked to be the best of the 3 that we saw tonight. I think that Owensboro Catholic will do very well in 2A, except for the misfortune that they will likely have to meet Ft. Campbell pretty early in the playoffs.

 

So far this year Owensboro's offense has accounted for 13 points, and the defense and special teams have accoutned for 19 points. Yet somehow, they are 2-0. Joe Prince always has the defense playing at a high level, put the offense is virtually non-existant. They have a lot to work on, including kick coverage, and tackling. Everybody just wants to hit, nobody seems willing to wrap a player up and bring them down. Catholic got a lot of yards after contact tonight.

 

Having seem all four local teams at least once, at this point I would say that Daviess Co. is the best team in the city.

I didn't think this one would be this close.

 

This one is always this close......regardless of the records.

Having seem all four local teams at least once, at this point I would say that Daviess Co. is the best team in the city.

 

I would have to wait and see what County can do with a team that has at least won a game in the last 3 years before making that assumption. Evansville Harrison went winless last year and has yet to win this year not a good team to judge by. But I do agree Owensboro has got to step up to the plate and start performing. Cain had to make another TD saving tackle this year against catholic. They have a new long snapper that needs some work so they can capitalize on FG opportunities and not give up scores from punting issues. OHS has given up 3 scores all year and 2 of them are results from the punting game. I think I would have the snapper snap about 300+ balls this week and have the punter back there fielding them so he can get used to catching the ball and getting rid of it.

 

Owensboro had 2 fumbles and 2 INT's and 2 bad snaps one on a FG chance and the other that resulted in a blocked punt and still only gave up 7 points and won the game.

 

All I have to say is the good 5A teams with a box score like this and it is a blowout.

 

Next week is at Hopkinsville and they have put up nearly 100 points in 2 games so the defense better be ready.

 

Hats off to Tre D all that work for all these years and all summer long and to break your femur in the 2nd game my heart goes out to you and get well soon. Now you have to be a leader on the sidelines and keep pushing your teammates to be the best. Hopefully you can make it back to play when it matters most in November and December my friend.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.