Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Coaches Poll

Featured Replies

Football coaches' poll

First-place votes in parentheses

 

Rank-Team Pts. 2007 record

1. Highlands (9) 90 15-0

2. Covington Catholic 69 5-7

3. Beechwood 59 13-2

4. Newport Central Catholic 49 13-2

5. Ryle 41 7-5

6. Simon Kenton 40 6-5

7. Boone County 37 10-4

8. Campbell County 25 6-5

9. Dixie Heights 18 6-5

10. Lloyd 15 3-8

 

 

Others: Holmes (4-6) 10; Holy Cross (6-6) 8; Scott (4-7) 6; Conner (1-9) 3; Bellevue (7-5) 1

 

 

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080818/SPT030201/808180429&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

Just like college football, I believe that preseason is way too early to put out a poll.

A few observations...

 

1) Whaaat? No Holy Cross? I thought they were supposed to be really strong this year. I know they're somewhat of an unknown to other parts of the state, but, you'd think they'd get a little more respect in there own neck of the woods...

 

2) I'm surprised to see Lloyd in the top 10, ahead of HC and a few other schools...

 

3) Beechwood, imo, is too high...I know they're a strong 1a team and traditional power, but, I'd find it hard to place them ahead of some of the bigger schools like Ryle, Boone Co, etc...I know they have Dixie out of the gate, but, this is a supposed down year for DH, so, I don't know how much you can guage on that one...

I agree that HC should be ahead of Lloyd.

HC and Holmes should both be in the top 10

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.