45th district

What are everyones thoughts on the 45th next year? Will Boyle and Danville dominate again or will Lincoln or Garrad step up to the plate?

Is there any word on the Lincoln or Garrad coaching situations yet? Lincoln was actually showing some signs of promise as Garrad stayed about the same as they always have.

Thoughts.....

Boyle and Danville are definitely the head of the class in this district. Danville improved by leaps and bounds last year. I would, however, argue that perhaps Garrard was ahead of Lincoln last season and should be better this year. The Lions beat the Pats in their only meeting last season and had two tough losses to Danville, 8-4 at Danville during the regular season and a 5-3 loss at Boyle in the district.

Garrard loses one senior from this year's team and should be a very good hitting team. Pitching will be an issue (as always), but hopefully there are some sustainable arms in the rotation. I would pick Danville and Boyle to make another appearance in the region next season, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Garrard pull an upset.

Edited by Ram
Rule 2

I agree. Danville and Boyle will probably be back in the region again. Garrard and Danville both return almost their entire teams and should be looking forward to the 2009 season. Boyle always puts a pretty good team on the field and Lincoln will have to be in rebiulding mode. Lincoln does have a couple of good pitchers returning, but they will have to find ways to score runs.