Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 7 Boone County 5

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nicknack1056 predicted the correct margin and Water Boy ALMOST got the correct score (8-5 Ryle was predicted).

 

All in all it was a fairly good game. I did see a few things each team will have to get better at to contend for a trip to Applebee's Park though. I'll elaborate on them once I get back to campus or tomorrow morning.

Nicknack1056 predicted the correct margin and Water Boy ALMOST got the correct score (8-5 Ryle was predicted).

 

All in all it was a fairly good game. I did see a few things each team will have to get better at to contend for a trip to Applebee's Park though. I'll elaborate on them once I get back to campus or tomorrow morning.

 

As did DD. Nice solo shots by Charlie "who luvs ya" Lovan and Gus " murray power" Murray.

Two nice ball teams. Both have some talent to make a noise in in the 9th region. Not a better place to play ball in NKY on a crisp spring night. How did the field look?

As did DD. Nice solo shots by Charlie "who luvs ya" Lovan and Gus " murray power" Murray.

 

DD someone who was there mentioned to me that one of the Dingers was not a solo shot? I want to make sure my namesakes are properly recorded. Can someone clarify and give more details on the game. Since CCHS or Beechwood were not playing I am sure we will see little about the game in the paper.

  • Author

Lovan's homerun was a two run homer. To me, neither looked like homeruns right off the bat but the wind seemed to carry and carry and carry the ball tonight when it got high up in the air. That is how it has done when NKU plays games there.

 

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=150814

 

The above link was to the updates thread that I started and tried to give something each inning. I was up in the pressbox doing the music for the game so that's how I knew what was going on....lol.

 

As far as the field, it looked MUCH MUCH better than what it has looked for the NKU games. I am including a picture in this thread of the field just before 5 p.m. I took the picture with my camera phone so it can't get too close but you can get an idea of how things looked.

 

Oh and big props to the Florence Freedom's newest addition to the organization, Belle, for making her first baseball game appearance. For those that don't know, Belle, is the newest Freedom mascot and she danced up a storm to a bunch of the songs that I played.....LOL.

champion window field.jpeg

DD someone who was there mentioned to me that one of the Dingers was not a solo shot? I want to make sure my namesakes are properly recorded. Can someone clarify and give more details on the game. Since CCHS or Beechwood were not playing I am sure we will see little about the game in the paper.

 


From the Enquirer!

 

Ryle 7, Boone County 5

 

Ryle 122 020 0 -7 10 1
Boone Co. 001 130 0 -5 6 1

 

WP -Sebald (1-2); LP -Houlehan. Sv. -Etscheid (2). Leaders: R -Etscheid 2-4; Chandler 2-4; G. Murray HR (1); Lovan 2-3, HR (1), 2 RBI; Meier 2-4, 2B. B -Whitaker 3-4, 2 2B, 2 RBI. Record: R 5-7.

 

I am sure this wasn't what you wanted, however there was real nice article (see below) about some of your own today in the Enquirer. Should the article about these two outstanding Ryle students (BTW congrats to them and their families) not have made it in today's paper, so the baseball team could have that space instead? You do know, that there is only so much space each day in the paper, don't you?

 

BTW, I am sure that many on the girls side of the ledger get tired of reading about Allen pitching this and Allen pitching that (not me), as she is a great pitcher, but my guess is that parents of other girls fast pitch teams players wish their Mary or Jane names and teams were in the paper instead of Allen and Ryle all the time.

 

 

Ryle standouts to sign

DD someone who was there mentioned to me that one of the Dingers was not a solo shot? I want to make sure my namesakes are properly recorded. Can someone clarify and give more details on the game. Since CCHS or Beechwood were not playing I am sure we will see little about the game in the paper.

 

My mistake....Lovan's HR was a 2 run shot. I know what you mean about the lack of coverage, this has been well known and talked about frequently for years now.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.