2008 Letcher County Central

bugatti

I assume that most of the teams on this year's schedule are there as a result of signing two year contracts last year. If LCC runs the table this year (or comes close), next year I hope they stiffen the schedule up a lot. I know Hilliard Howard has a reputation of being an excellent coach. In the past at other schools, did he have tough schedules?

It is the same exact schedule as last season minus the season opener where Harlan County looks to be replacing Hazard. Thus, it does look like a 2-year contract schedule.

When Howard was at Pikeville I wuldn't say he necessarily stacked the schedule, but he wasnt afraid to take on the big boys in the Pike County Bowl, and on occasion throw in regular season road games against some top notch competition. He also played Belfry every year as well and frequently played Prestonsburg.

I think Coach Howard is doing a great job building up the program, his schedule will get tougher because I think Whitley and Clay are going to be very competitve and he is just now getting players that have went through the program in its entirety. He builds a program not a single team.