Shelby Valley at Raceland 02/16

Shelby Valley puts ALOT of pressure on the other teams guards. Valley doesn't really have an inside presence, but does have a couple of slender 6'6" guys. The PG #3 creates most of Valleys offense, other than what they get from their defense. Not a great shooting team, but they do pass the ball extremely well. Are you going to the game?

Shelby Valley puts ALOT of pressure on the other teams guards. Valley doesn't really have an inside presence, but does have a couple of slender 6'6" guys. The PG #3 creates most of Valleys offense, other than what they get from their defense. Not a great shooting team, but they do pass the ball extremely well. Are you going to the game?

No. I am at work today, so I will have to miss. Sounds like it may be a good game. Raceland shoots pretty well, we have some height, and play pretty good defense. I wish I could make it. You going to make the trip?

No. I have a nephew's birthday party today... Shelby Valley's only other game against a 16th Region team was at Ashland earlier in the season and Valley won 76-59. However, Valley was playing better ball at that point in the season than they are now...

I haven't heard anything about Shelby Valley at all untill read KJ's post this morning. Sounds like that Raceland may have some trouble with pressure on the guards. Boyles (G) will have to play well vs. SV's pressure and the Rams will have to get him some open looks. Shelby Valley at 19-4...... I would say that they are more than "decent", that they are a pretty good basketball team. This one will be a very tough game but a good test for the Ramblers getting ready to go into district play.

Good luck to the Rams and my BOTH teams stay injury free.

Shelby Valley has a young team that began the season starting 3 sophomores. The starting center, sophomore Taylor Newsome, was lost for the season with an injury at a tourney at J-town. The team leaders are 6'1" senior Jacob Bryant (#32), 6'6" sopohmore Ashley Hatfield (#12), and 5'10" sophomore Elisha Justice (#3)...