February 7, 200818 yr While I agree that New England has put together one of the best runs in NFL history, I cannot put them close to any of the great individual teams or dynasties ever. While they won three championships in the 2000's, they are only a couple of made field goals from being the Buffalo Bills. They have been far from dominant in any Super Bowl. -- The Cowboy teams of the 90's and the 49ers of the 80's not only had great regular seasons, but also had some dominant Super Bowls in which the proved ultimate supremancy in the league. I think that the biggest strength of this particular team was its ability not to have the major let-downs most teams have in a NFL season. They were able to hold it together through-out the regular season, but after about week 8, they were far from dominant. This teams age eventually caught up with them. They were a very good, fortunate team that has had great success..... However, they are/were far from one of the true dominant teams of NFL history.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.