How bout this WKy/WTn Bowl lineup?

just 4 fun

I'd love to see a W.Ky/W.Tn bowl game every year with 4 games. You could play 1 year at Murray St and the next year at UT Martin. Here's a lineup I'd love to see:

McKenzie, Tn(1a state runnerup) Vs Mayfield

Milan, Tn(traditional 2a power) Vs Ft Campbell

Dyersburg, Tn(#1 3a team most of year) Vs Pad Tilghman

Henry Co., Tn(Final 4 4a team) Vs Marshall Co.

Other solid W.Tn programs:

Trinity Christian Academy - 1a would be a good matchup for Fulton City

Huntington/Trenton Peabody/Camden/Martin Westview - 2a would be a good matchup for Trigg Co or Owensboro Catholic or Caldwell Co.

Jackson Southside/Haywood Co - 3a would be a good matchup for Lone Oak or Calloway Co.

Jackson Central Merry - 4a would be a good matchup for Graves Co or Hopkinsville.

It's a good idea but fitting it into the schedule would be tough for the Tennessee schools. Their districts are so large that they have very little flexibility when it comes to scheduling outside the district. It could happen, but it would be tough to get a lot of teams on the same page. Would definately draw fans. You could rotate the games between Murray State and Tennessee Martin

It's a good idea but fitting it into the schedule would be tough for the Tennessee schools. Their districts are so large that they have very little flexibility when it comes to scheduling outside the district. It could happen, but it would be tough to get a lot of teams on the same page. Would definately draw fans. You could rotate the games between Murray State and Tennessee Martin

Make it a preseason bowl. None of the Tn or Ky teams open up with a district game anyway and most of the so called rivalry games don't happen in the 1st week either.. I know the 2a district has like 7-8 teams as does the 1a, but, in most of the 3a,4a,5a divisions, theres only 5-6 teams, just like Ky, so, i'm not too sure it's that unrealistic...

Mayfield and Milan played some spirited games a few years back...

I like the concept very much Just 4Fun...I have always wondered why Mayfield didn't play Union City or Martin Westview and have always been told it is because they only have like 2 non conference games against crosstown or longtime rivals!

Mayfield and Milan played some spirited games a few years back...

I like the concept very much Just 4Fun...I have always wondered why Mayfield didn't play Union City or Martin Westview and have always been told it is because they only have like 2 non conference games against crosstown or longtime rivals!

Westview has 7 district games which only leaves them with 3 nondistrict and Union City is one of those and a rivalry game. This year they also played Henry Co, Tn and Camden, both very tough foes, so, I can see there reasoning. Union City has 6 district games and Westview and Obion Central, both rivalry games, so, that only leaves them with 2 possibilities so I can see there reasoning, as well. The district with Huntington and Camden only have 5 teams in that district, so, they may be a better fit for something like this and both are very solid programs. Would love to see Mayfield have a chance to matchup with either of these teams.