Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bryan Station 76 Dunbar 69

Featured Replies

Dunbar was leading by as much as 19 points, but Bryan Station came from behind to get the win.

Contest game.

Dunbar is one of the most improved teams in central Kentucky.

Dunbar has got the talent, but its a shame they dont have a coach that knows how to handle the talent he has.....u have two of maybe the best guards in the state and a very athletic front line. I've noticed the tall kid, #32 is more productive in the mins he gets than the players that play the whole game...........seems to me he should be on the floor more,,,

It's a shame that parents would get on the chat lines and criticize the coach, for doing a good job. The kids played hard and missed a few shots down at the end that they normally make.

It's a shame that parents would get on the chat lines and criticize the coach, for doing a good job. The kids played hard and missed a few shots down at the end that they normally make.
I'll bet this was an exciting game to watch. Any Details?

But when you are dealing with selfish people who don't understand what it takes to win. The coach has done a great job with his kids at Dunbar and they should be extremely lucky to have him. IF memory serves me correctly they are 4-2 and probably a top 3 team in the toughest region in the state. What needs to happen is that continue to support their coach. It sure is funny that the past few years their hasn't been a complaint the first. And as soon as they win a few everyone becomes a critic. Unbelievable.

It was a great game. Dunbar just missed a few down the stretch that would have broken the momentum that BS had, but it didn't go that way and Dunbar lost.

But when you are dealing with selfish people who don't understand what it takes to win. The coach has done a great job with his kids at Dunbar and they should be extremely lucky to have him. IF memory serves me correctly they are 4-2 and probably a top 3 team in the toughest region in the state. What needs to happen is that continue to support their coach. It sure is funny that the past few years their hasn't been a complaint the first. And as soon as they win a few everyone becomes a critic. Unbelievable.
I agree they are a very good team. They have been beaten 22 points by Lex Cath, lost a tight one to Bryan Station. Are you saying the are 3rd behind these two teams?

They would have to be behind these teams b/c they lost too them. Once Dunbar finds their identity they will be extremely hard to beat. I t's always tough to watch coaches when they spend so much time with the kids away from their own families and then people come and complain when they think that THEIR KID isn't getting a fair shot. Coach Ligon has done a great job at Station and was fired and then rehired AND HE'S COMING FROM LOUISVILLE EVERYDAY. Coaches pay a price when they're winning or if they're losing. people just need to come to grips with reality.

They would have to be behind these teams b/c they lost too them. Once Dunbar finds their identity they will be extremely hard to beat. I t's always tough to watch coaches when they spend so much time with the kids away from their own families and then people come and complain when they think that THEIR KID isn't getting a fair shot. Coach Ligon has done a great job at Station and was fired and then rehired AND HE'S COMING FROM LOUISVILLE EVERYDAY. Coaches pay a price when they're winning or if they're losing. people just need to come to grips with reality.
I agree with you on these points. We need to be more appreciative of what High School coaches do. It's not like they are doing it for the money. They are most of the time coaching for the love of the game and in order to give young boys direction. Helping them to become men is the most important thing they do IMO.

I don't have a kid on this team. I go to different games in the area from time to time and was just making an observation. I thought it might be fun to try this message board this year to read people's opinion about different games, but I realize now I was wrong. The first post I make and I am accused of favoritism. I thought that was what message boards were for, was a place to state an opinion. I'm not promoting anyone for more playing time, I was just commenting on what I saw. It wasn't my intent to place the entire blame on the coach or his staff; I think everyone is very appreciative of the time and hard work these coaches put in each year. In all fairness, Dunbar had a few shots rim out on them in the last few minutes. Coaches get criticized and second guessed all the time; it is part of the job. My point was that they did blow a big lead and I just thought a timeout would have been beneficial to calm the team down and take some of the air out of the crowd. Good luck to Dunbar, they have a lot of talent but play in a tough region.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.