Cumberland 67 Barbourville 52

I wouldn't say that. Things are a whole lot different when games are in a one and done format.

Heck, look at South Laurel last year, they were a Ty Proffitt shot away from not winning the region when everyone thought they were a shoe-in.

They're four or five teams that can win the region, but Cumberland has to be considered the team to beat.

There is no doubt that anything can happen on a given night. I just don't think that they will be stopped if Wilson and Johnson are out of foul trouble and the guards are hitting on all cylinders. There will be games where they falter and are upset or beaten but Cumberland on their A game is gonna be tough for anyone to stop. Corbin could play with em because of Crawford and the Depth but it'd be a fight. Lack of solid post presence could hurt the Hounds. Same goes for South Laurel. Saint John is a great player but he's not quick enough to hang with Johnson. There would need to be a lot of help defense being played and hope that the other 3 guys for Cumberland are having an off night.

Cumberland looked very strong, just like they did in the summer as they competed with some of the best in the state advancing to the final 4 of the state aau tournament. I think I mentioned a few months ago that Wilson would be one of the top 2 power forwards in the 13th Region along with Nick Brumback, and he definitely showed what he is capable of doing last night. When they get their point guard (Leisge) back next week some of the young kids will have gotten some valuable experience that will be very beneficial for their growth, and when they get everyone clicking together, they could be a very complete and very dangerous team in the months ahead.

Cumberland looked very strong, just like they did in the summer as they competed with some of the best in the state advancing to the final 4 of the state aau tournament. I think I mentioned a few months ago that Wilson would be one of the top 2 power forwards in the 13th Region along with Nick Brumback, and he definitely showed what he is capable of doing last night. When they get their point guard (Leisge) back next week some of the young kids will have gotten some valuable experience that will be very beneficial for their growth, and when they get everyone clicking together, they could be a very complete and very dangerous team in the months ahead.

I have to agree with you.