Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Defensive Back Training

Featured Replies

Where are the best DB training camps for HS kids? Is there anybody out there that does individual DB training for HS DB's?

I would say the answer to that question depends on the type of defense the kid's high school team plays. Some schools play some man to man but most play zone. If it is a young kid my advice would be to get them some drills for changing direction and ball skills that they can work everyday. Being a good defensive back entails being able to change direction and being discipline in doing the same thing play in play out just in case it is a pass.

 

As far as camps I am not sure if I have heard any just DB camps in Ky. The college individual camps held in June would probably be your best bet. Does not have to be a big school. Georgetown college holds one of the better skills camp in this part of the US.

I would suggest Michigan's camp....it's a week long and it's a whole lot of DB work. It's very good and I would highly recommend it regardless if you like Michigan or not.

  • Author
I would say the answer to that question depends on the type of defense the kid's high school team plays. Some schools play some man to man but most play zone. If it is a young kid my advice would be to get them some drills for changing direction and ball skills that they can work everyday. Being a good defensive back entails being able to change direction and being discipline in doing the same thing play in play out just in case it is a pass.

 

As far as camps I am not sure if I have heard any just DB camps in Ky. The college individual camps held in June would probably be your best bet. Does not have to be a big school. Georgetown college holds one of the better skills camp in this part of the US.

 

Basically you nailed my underlying concern with regard to the type of defensive scheme played (zone, M on M, etc), but I guess kids would be looking for are both M on M and zone coverage (at least they would know what is expected of them under that defensive scheme, whatever it is). HS programs, in NKY for the most part, do not seem to pass that much.... but when they do, the DB's do not seem prepared. If someone can send me an email (pm)of who would be good as an instructor, and detailed information... it would be much appreciated.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.