Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle/Conner Predictions

Who wins 45 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Whats everyone think will take place this week?

Ryle should win 35 -7

 

Conner is getting better each week but I don't see them winning this one.

 

Ryle has to stay focused, and not over look Conner.

Ryle 34-14.

Ryle 28-0

 

At the half. :jump:

 

Just kidding. But Ryle will win this one big.

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Ryle opens up the passing game just a bit more after only throwing 9 times against HC. Conner actually has a pretty highly-rated rush defense and think they will do everything possible to prevent Ryle from just handing off the ball 40-45 times.

At the half. :jump:

 

Just kidding. But Ryle will win this one big.

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict Ryle opens up the passing game just a bit more after only throwing 9 times against HC. Conner actually has a pretty highly-rated rush defense and think they will do everything possible to prevent Ryle from just handing off the ball 40-45 times.

 

I asked Diamond Dandy this a few weeks ago, and dont think I got an answer, so I will ask you. What makes you think Ryle will open up the passing game? Warner has not wanted to throw the ball for years now. His style is to run, run and run some more. If he didnt learn last year against Trinity that you had to be able to pass the ball as well, he never will.

I asked Diamond Dandy this a few weeks ago, and dont think I got an answer, so I will ask you. What makes you think Ryle will open up the passing game? Warner has not wanted to throw the ball for years now. His style is to run, run and run some more. If he didnt learn last year against Trinity that you had to be able to pass the ball as well, he never will.

 

 

Sorry, I missed your question. I think they know they have to become more then a one dimensional team if they want to win once they get out of Northern Kentucky, and the only place you can work on that is against teams that are strugg eling. If you remember, they thought SK was struggeling ad spent much of the first half passing more then often.

I think if Ryle throws the ball a lot this game will be a close one for the Raiders. If they pound it they should easily win this game by 28+.

I asked Diamond Dandy this a few weeks ago, and dont think I got an answer, so I will ask you. What makes you think Ryle will open up the passing game? Warner has not wanted to throw the ball for years now. His style is to run, run and run some more. If he didnt learn last year against Trinity that you had to be able to pass the ball as well, he never will.

 

I agree with Dandy's answer. Ryle has a solid, but certainly not a spectacular running game. Yes, they can win most - but not all - of their games here in NKY by just pounding the ball, but they don't have the type of rushing attack to advance them in the playoffs. They have a good QB and some solid wideouts and I think they can develop a respectable passing game, but they need more reps to get comfortable/good at it. Where better to give it a shot than in a game that, without trying to be disrepectful to Conner, they know they can win handing off on every play. That doesn't really get you ready to face stronger opponents, either here nor outside of NKY. Does Coach Warner feel that way? I couldn't honestly tell you. I know a lot of the fan base does. So maybe it's just wishing thinking on our part. :p

 

BTW, I'm not predicting Ryle throws it 30 times or anything, but it would be pleasant to see us at least complete double digits in passes.

 

I do find it odd that there is not one team from NKY ranked in the top 25 passing in Kentucky.

I agree with Dandy's answer. Ryle has a solid, but certainly not a spectacular running game. Yes, they can win most - but not all - of their games here in NKY by just pounding the ball, but they don't have the type of rushing attack to advance them in the playoffs. They have a good QB and some solid wideouts and I think they can develop a respectable passing game, but they need more reps to get comfortable/good at it. Where better to give it a shot than in a game that, without trying to be disrepectful to Conner, they know they can win handing off on every play. That doesn't really get you ready to face stronger opponents, either here nor outside of NKY. Does Coach Warner feel that way? I couldn't honestly tell you. I know a lot of the fan base does. So maybe it's just wishing thinking on our part. :p

 

BTW, I'm not predicting Ryle throws it 30 times or anything, but it would be pleasant to see us at least complete double digits in passes.

 

I do find it odd that there is not one team from NKY ranked in the top 25 passing in Kentucky.

 

Running the ball is all most of these kids are taught in the boone county pee wee league. It is very hard to develope a good Qb and wide reciever group.

That is why the Northern Ky teams are ranked so low in passing. I Know that Ryle has been trying for years to get a passing game going. It needs to start

sooner than the high school level. Highlands pee wee league runs the extact same plays as the High School does. Maybe that is why they are so sucessful!!!!! ;)

Running the ball is all most of these kids are taught in the boone county pee wee league. It is very hard to develope a good Qb and wide reciever group.

That is why the Northern Ky teams are ranked so low in passing. I Know that Ryle has been trying for years to get a passing game going. It needs to start

sooner than the high school level. Highlands pee wee league runs the extact same plays as the High School does. Maybe that is why they are so sucessful!!!!! ;)

 

No the FTJFL does not run the same plays as the high school.

 

They change their offense at the high school level to better suit their incoming talent. Gino ran the spread, he was not running the jet sweep that they switched to take advantage of their speed. Now they have changed to the shotgun counter trap type offense to take advantage of their current types of players.

No the FTJFL does not run the same plays as the high school.

 

They change their offense at the high school level to better suit their incoming talent. Gino ran the spread, he was not running the jet sweep that they switched to take advantage of their speed. Now they have changed to the shotgun counter trap type offense to take advantage of their current types of players.[/QUO

 

Thanks , my bad.

 

I still think that if the Boone county Pee Wee League would try to develope Qb's , Wr's, Db's and kickers it would benifit Boone, Conner, and Ryle.:thumb:

No the FTJFL does not run the same plays as the high school.

 

They change their offense at the high school level to better suit their incoming talent. Gino ran the spread, he was not running the jet sweep that they switched to take advantage of their speed. Now they have changed to the shotgun counter trap type offense to take advantage of their current types of players.[/QUO

 

Thanks , my bad.

 

I still think that if the Boone county Pee Wee League would try to develope Qb's , Wr's, Db's and kickers it would benifit Boone, Conner, and Ryle.:thumb:

 

It is slowly getting there especially in the Senior divisions.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.