Elizabethtown 42 Bardstown 25

oneijoe

Noticed no one put this game thread up and considering Bardstown was ranked #3 in last week's BGP's poll, I figured it should be here.

From the looks of the pre-game poll, this one was quite an upset. The Courier-Journal recap had E-town with over 500 yds offense while Bardstown gained just over 200.

Was this game as lopsided as the stats indicate ?

Noticed no one put this game thread up and considering Bardstown was ranked #3 in last week's BGP's poll, I figured it should be here.

From the looks of the pre-game poll, this one was quite an upset. The Courier-Journal recap had E-town with over 500 yds offense while Bardstown gained just over 200.

Was this game as lopsided as the stats indicate ?

E-Town's QB was like 25-32 for 316 yards, 4 TD's, 2 INT's. He was really good, and they had a WR, #84, who was just so big and physical that he simply mauled the Tiger secondary. They added a solid run game in the 4th quarter to put it away. E-Town is a nice team, but Bardstown was totally punchless last night.

E-Town led 21-7 after the first and 28-7 at the half.

Tigers fought back in the 3rd and got it to 28-19, but then missed a FG try with about 3 min. to go in the 3rd. E-Town then dominated the time of possession in the last period.

Tigers are Jekyll and Hyde this year, you just don't know which group is going to appear on Friday night.

I'm not totally shocked they lost, but the margin does surprise me...BTown played WEast and J.Hardin, who, IMO, are both quite a bit better, alot closer than they did ETown... I do believe with the Danville game on the horizon, the Tigers could have well overlooked them and just simply played flat... It happens sometimes and with ETowns explosive offensive capabilities, there not a team you can rest on, especially when they;re clicking on all cylinders...