Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lake Cumberland area?

Featured Replies

With every thread that involves Somerset, Southwestern or Pulaski County there is always a heated debate, but I would like to impose a question for everyone. Name the top three best all time players. Name your top three from each school!

For SW I would have to go with Scott Blair, DT Boon, and Arby Jones, Next 3 would be Lee Renfro, Rico Perkins, and Matt Sexton.

 

For PC Cole Droughn, Scott Dykes, and Jon Denham.

 

I am not even going to touch Somerset that is a deep team with a State Championship runner up team, but I will give mine as far back as I can remember. Neil Tucker, All the Newells, and I will go ahead and throw Cole in there.

somerset: cole, neil tucker, and scotty newell

 

PC : Cole Droughn, Tyler Sexton, and Jon Denham

 

SW: Scott Blair, Lee Renfro, Arby Jones

 

That is alot of talent there.

He held most PC records until here recently. So yeah.

I can't help you with Pulaski County and Southwestern.

 

Many of Somerset's best players played over 50 years ago. Ray Correll, Dick Mitchell, and Chuck Phillippi all played for Bear Bryant at the University of Kentucky. Ray Correll was an all-American for the Cats.

 

Pete Venable and Tony Massie played at Kentucky and also starred at Somerset in the late 1970's. I would think that John Cole is the best to play for the Jumpers in a long while.

Billy Whitaker made those teams in the early 90's at PC, the records don't show it but he led by example.

Well throw him in there to. I am just going by the stats.

That team would have been worse than they were if it was not for Scott.

  • Author

PC, is still a young program, it has only been around since what the mid to late 80's, a name I hear tossed around with the first PC teams was Steve Mollen?

They were a decent team in 92, and yes Scott was good but there was many good players that made that team.

Yeah that is true zebra.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.