Former Russell Players

yahoo83

Just an idea from your Big Red brethern....

Belfry has long had an Athletic Hall of Fame that inducts 4 or 5 people every year from all sports (men and women) and is not limited to players only. I ahve not looked for it in the new school, but in the old school plaques lined the walls of the old cafeteria, each one representing a likeness of the individual and all their accomplishments. They would choose one home game a year (usually the home game between Homecoming and Senior Night) and honor those individuals at halftime. It has came off very classy and allowed some of the great athletes at Belfry to get proper recognition, even if it is post-humously.

Anything would be better than what they do now, russelldad great idea

I don't know what you have seen but the student union at Russell is PACKED with trophies and memorabilia such as footballs with the players names and accomplishment on them. (I don't follow the other sports but I am sure they are well represented too) Many, many different things in there. I noticed a few uniforms with player information and all kinds of plaques and individual awards.