Magoffin County Football

How do the Hornets look this year?

The Hornets are improving which is what that program needs to do right now. The goal obviously for this team is to reach the playoffs for the first time in a long time. And I believe that it is an attainable goal. Coach McCoy has this program headed in the right direction, and much quicker than most probably would have expected. The are a long way from competing for district titles, but the playoffs are in reach this year, which is something that hasnt been in a long time. Heres one pulling for the Hornets in every game this year.

Last year I saw a noticeable difference in Magoffin County. First and foremost, they looked like a football team. The coaches dressed and acted professionally, the team seemed very structured, there was much more enthusiasm and numbers were up.

McCoy definitely has Magoffin going the right way... it's just the shear talent and experience level is not there yet. I just hope that Magoffin doesn't make the same mistake that soooo many schools in EKY make, and get rid of the coach before his system is able to be applied at the feeder school ranks and have a class make their way to the high school. Don't expect Magoffin to jump up and start playing Belfry and Sheldon Clark tough anytime in the immediate future, but they are making headway to establishing a legit program.