Lex Cath girls soccer took a hit this week.

Katie Breathitt one of the twin duo of All State players from the Lady Knights had a pretty good knee injury this week while at a camp for Ole Miss where the girls have committed to play college soccer when they graduate. Katie and her sister Kelsey were a tough one two punch last year for this semifinal team and Katie led the Lady Knights in scoring last year. For a team in the top 5 preseason most likely this is a huge blow.

I heard this news yesterday. Has it been confirmed that she is out for the season? Truly awful news as I have enjoyed watching and coaching against Katie for the last 3 years. She is an outstanding player and I am sure will be ready to go at Ole Miss in 2008-09.

Per my parents who are good friends of the Breathitts she is most likely out the season. Six months rehab is about the minimum usually and that even depends on the full severity of the injury which I honestly don't know. With a college scholarship already on the way im not sure she'd wanna risk further injury late season if she did return.