Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Notre Dame Soccer

Featured Replies

I know it is a little early yet, but does anyone know how many girls are trying out this year for Notre Dame soccer. I know every year they have a huge number of girls trying for a spot on the team. I believe last year, there was around 50 freshman girls who tried out.

I know it is a little early yet, but does anyone know how many girls are trying out this year for Notre Dame soccer. I know every year they have a huge number of girls trying for a spot on the team. I believe last year, there was around 50 freshman girls who tried out.

 

Don't know for sure but I have heard the enrollment numbers for this years incoming freshmen class are down. It will be hard pressed to find a player of the skill and ability of last year freshmen Tori Lange, who as a freshman did sometime unheard of at NDA. She made and started as a Frosh, which at NDA is very, very rare indeed.....

 

Any news on the new soccer field that the good Sisters of NDA have talked about for the last two years?

 

NDA should be tough this year, and I think without the outstanding goaltender guarding the nets at HHS this season, look for NDA to take the prize this year in NKy.....

  • Author

I am very familiar with Tori Lange and her soccer ability, but don't forget about some of the other sophomores coming in this year like the Russo girls, and Berberich, who did not play last year, due to an injury. They can hang quite well with Tori. As far as Highland's goalie leaving. If I am not mistaken, they have a very good goalie who will be a junior this coming in year in Laura Bush. I think she will do very well in goalie this coming year at Highland's. Best of luck to all of the girls soccer teams in Northern Kentucky. Even though Notre Dame lost alot of good seniors last year, I still look for them to be tough this coming year.

.....

 

Any news on the new soccer field that the good Sisters of NDA have talked about for the last two years?

 

.....

 

Sounds like the dirt removal has not started yet.

I heard today that NDA is losing one of its strong returning seniors, Michelle Ruberg, to cross country.

I heard today that NDA is losing one of its strong returning seniors, Michelle Ruberg, to cross country.

 

I think a second senior player, Jessica Bramlage, is also leaving soccer for cross country.

  • Author
I know it is a little early yet, but does anyone know how many girls are trying out this year for Notre Dame soccer. I know every year they have a huge number of girls trying for a spot on the team. I believe last year, there was around 50 freshman girls who tried out.
I heard around 60 to 70 girls were trying out this year. Tryouts last over a 2 week period. That is totally amazing to me. Some schools have barely enough to have a team. But, I guess when you are good, and can also get a great education in addition, why would you want to play elsewhere? And, yes, there are other good Northern Kentucky girls soccer teams. But year in and year out, no matter who they lose, Notre Dame always competes with the best of them.

I agree shsbballmom... its the private school domination... mind you.. you don't always get a good education in a sheltered enviroment!.. but look at Louisville teams.. assumption, sacred heart, etc.. they can recruit all over and outside louisville.. how does that make a level playing field with teams from public schools that are limited to their district boundries.. many are very small districts...Notre Dame has players from all different school districts.. that is why the dominate.. plus they give the "stars" breaks on tution to attend.. soo.. why not like you say.. go there and play rather than say....Scott high school.

.Notre Dame has players from all different school districts.. that is why the dominate.. plus they give the "stars" breaks on tution to attend.. soo.. why not like you say.. go there and play rather than say....Scott high school.

 

You obviously have no clue as to how NDA operates. If there's one school leader in NKY that is NOT going to be influenced at ALL by athletics, its Sister Elaine.

 

Repeating rumors you hear and them passing them on as fact is not very intelligent on your part.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.