Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Softball coach at Raceland

Featured Replies

Does anybody have any ideas who the new softball coach at Raceland will be? My understanding is Coach Floyd is stepping down after this year since he was named the new boys Basketball coach

Haven't heard any word on a coaching change, except that Floyd is also the head basketball coach.

I would think that it would be very difficult to be head coach of a winter and a spring sport. When looking at all the likely candidates in house I wouldn`t be surprised if a new coach might be jake the snake clark. Full of energy --- loves to work with kids and has a strong desire to be successful.

IMO, Clark would be excellent. He has already proven himself with the success of the volleyball team and has great plans for them for the summer and next season. However, with the success of in Louisville a few weeks ago and the tradition over the past few years, the program is catching the eye of many coaches around the state.

Rumor mill is plentiful. I would say that if Floyd steps down, he will not make such a decision until the season is over. I would venture to say that he does not even know what he will do yet. He was just hired as the Head Basketball coach a week ago, his softball team is in the district finals tomorrow, and the funeral of a member of the student body is today. If he has put much thought into what he is going to do next year he has a bigger plate then I do, because my plate would be pretty full.

  • Author

I am suprised no one has mentioned Coach Mac. He is a wonderful person as well as a great coach

I am suprised no one has mentioned Coach Mac. He is a wonderful person as well as a great coach

 

McAllister is the head teacher (Principal) at the Ashland Day Treatment Center, he is an employee of Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools. Raceland does not allow principals to be head coaches.

  • Author

Ram you are absolutely right I stand corrected,an I agree with the other posters Jason Clark has the personality to do a great job with the girls or even Coach Trimble

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Floyd may not even leave the program he has worked so hard to build.

Ram you are absolutely right I stand corrected,an I agree with the other posters Jason Clark has the personality to do a great job with the girls or even Coach Trimble

 

:thumb:

When it is all said and done I believe coach Clark will take over as head coach and Floyd will remain on the staff but only as an assistant. But I agree with Incognito, there will be several coaches from around the state wanting this job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.