New Softball coach at Raceland

I would think that it would be very difficult to be head coach of a winter and a spring sport. When looking at all the likely candidates in house I wouldn`t be surprised if a new coach might be jake the snake clark. Full of energy --- loves to work with kids and has a strong desire to be successful.

IMO, Clark would be excellent. He has already proven himself with the success of the volleyball team and has great plans for them for the summer and next season. However, with the success of in Louisville a few weeks ago and the tradition over the past few years, the program is catching the eye of many coaches around the state.

Rumor mill is plentiful. I would say that if Floyd steps down, he will not make such a decision until the season is over. I would venture to say that he does not even know what he will do yet. He was just hired as the Head Basketball coach a week ago, his softball team is in the district finals tomorrow, and the funeral of a member of the student body is today. If he has put much thought into what he is going to do next year he has a bigger plate then I do, because my plate would be pretty full.

I am suprised no one has mentioned Coach Mac. He is a wonderful person as well as a great coach

McAllister is the head teacher (Principal) at the Ashland Day Treatment Center, he is an employee of Raceland-Worthington Independent Schools. Raceland does not allow principals to be head coaches.

Ram you are absolutely right I stand corrected,an I agree with the other posters Jason Clark has the personality to do a great job with the girls or even Coach Trimble

:thumb:

When it is all said and done I believe coach Clark will take over as head coach and Floyd will remain on the staff but only as an assistant. But I agree with Incognito, there will be several coaches from around the state wanting this job.