How does the Montgomery annoucement change the 10th Region outlook?

Please elaborate Crimedoc! I'm not agreeing or disagreeing just playing the Devils Advocate! I think a lot of the people in the Region and around the state were looking at this job and who might get the job to see how it would affect next seasons expectations!

One of the good things about Coach Robinson getting this job is that she is familiar with every team on the schedule and their strengths and weaknesses, however, I feel like the most positive thing to consider when you are an opposing team is that Mongtomery county will be the same as last year, skill and talent wise. That said, if your team is improving, you have a shot to compete each night with this bunch. They lost some speed with Danis leaving too. Remember she played the frontline on the press and was a tremendous athlete forcing you to throw the ball over the top leaving steals for Prewitt and Lee. Having Danis in the front also allowed the coaching staff to put a faster person back on the press allowing for more defensive coverage deep, much like a football cornerback. Losing her, I believe will change Mont. Co's ability to press and run the break which ultimately will take 10-12 pts off their game. So, if you are 12 pts better than you were last year, you can compete with next year's team.

I would agree with some of those observations but I also think that the Webb girl is more athletic than Danis and the younger Prewitt proved to be a defensive gem during the season and was huge in the Sweet 16. Will next years team be the same? No! But I do like some of the pieces filling in for what was lost but Coach Robinson will have to find out what will work best. From what I understand she ran the offense for the team the past couple of years while Coach High took care of the defense!

Thanks for answering the post! I like to hear good arguements on hear and not just people spouting their own uneducated views. It's obivious you've seen the team and understand what they like to do!

I thought izzie prewitt was exactly what you called her, a gem in the tournament and yes Kayla Webb to me, is the most raw athlete on the floor everytime she is out there. To me though, it should be tough to fill the void of Danis no matter who the player is. I think that Coach Robinson and Whitney will have their hands full filling the holes of two post players lost but on the flip side, there was a lot of upside in Webb, Colliver, and prewitt this season. How about the Jehlik girl, man I would love to see that developed.

Jehlik could be the X factor for that team. If her and Colliver continue to get better could you imagine having both of them on the floor at the same time? Wow! By the way she is from California I believe!

I know everyone in the Region will be watching to see how everything goes on the reservation this summer!