Russell 8 Raceland 3

Nobody that is competitive at all treats a game with one of their biggest rivals as a "glorified practice". Human nature just doesn't allow it.

Look at it this way. Raceland pitched their all of thier "aces" and still lost. You can spin a win or a loss any way you want.

I never said that they werent competing, I said that they werent really reaching back and throwing every pitch as if they would in a regular game. There is no point in taking a chance in wearing out your arm 3 days before a tournament that you have a good chance of winning. And like I said, when Raceland did pitch their aces, the game was a differnt story. I believe the rams were winning after 3 innings. Its funny that those three innings were pitched by Morris, Grizzle, and Phillips.

Congrats to Devils. As a fan , i wanted the Rams to win it. I understand saving your pitching for the All A. I wasnt at the game until the 5th. Rams was up 3-2. A raceland fan said Raceland had an error in the 1st that helped Russell score. I dont know nor care. Can't wait to see the rematch.