10th Region Finals

Mason Co. vs Montgomery Co. tomorrow night. What are everyone's thoughts on this game?

Montgomery Co. has played St. Pat and Harrison Co. and blown both teams away by 20+.

Mason Co. has played Clark Co. and Bishop Brossart with a combined margin of victory for both games of 9, only winning by one vs. Clark Co. in a game that no one thought they should have won but somehow managed to pull it out.

I pick Montgomery to come out early and set the tone of the game and never look back from there and win their 3rd straight regional title.

These two have had some classic matchups over the past few seasons and this one could potentially be the same! I just hope that Mason Co. still has something left in the tank. The emotion of their two games might be too much to overcome especially if they get down early to Montgomery Co. It will be interesting to see what happens, I'll be watching, will you?:ylsuper:

I believe the Mason Co. fans won't be able to get enough tomorrow after their boys win (should win). There will be a solid line of cars full of Royal fans from the Fieldhouse to Mt. Sterling tomorrow. Should be a great day of basketball. I look for the Montgomery Co. faithful to be out in force as well. Maybe one of the bigger crowds the young gym has seen yet. (hopefully anyway):banana: :dancingpa :banana:

Mason Co. vs Montgomery Co. tomorrow night. What are everyone's thoughts on this game?

Montgomery Co. has played St. Pat and Harrison Co. and blown both teams away by 20+.

Mason Co. has played Clark Co. and Bishop Brossart with a combined margin of victory for both games of 9, only winning by one vs. Clark Co. in a game that no one thought they should have won but somehow managed to pull it out.

I pick Montgomery to come out early and set the tone of the game and never look back from there and win their 3rd straight regional title.

The name of the game in this part of the season is Survive and Advance and Mason County has done that without bringing their best game yet. That is the scary part in my opinion. Give credit to Brossart, those young ladies played their hearts out, came out and shot the ball great and executed a great game plan of pounding it to the post. Henke and Steffen/Butsch shared the ball well. Lindsey Watson couldn't miss, but again in the end the best team won.

Litzinger was phenomenal with 16 and 10, have to give props out to Menke with the big 3, Reese with a 3, free throws late and a great dish to D. Chambers on a backdoor late in the game. Cline came up huge in the 3rd quarter and D. Chambers a quiet 14 points. Should be a fun night of basketball tomorrow night when both teams lay it on the line for all the marbles. Best of luck!

Yes it is survive and advance at this point, and yes Mason has not brought their 'A' game yet, but that's the scary part for me as well. When will their 'A' game come back? If not tomorrow, then they better pray for a miracle, because Montgomery will jump on them early. I think foul trouble is key. Montgomery getting 2 or 3 of Mason's starters in foul trouble will hurt their chances greatly due to the fact that Mason Co. only plays 6 players. If I were Montgomery, I would take it to Mason's top players everytime to try to cause the foul.

Yes it is survive and advance at this point, and yes Mason has not brought their 'A' game yet, but that's the scary part for me as well. When will their 'A' game come back? If not tomorrow, then they better pray for a miracle, because Montgomery will jump on them early. I think foul trouble is key. Montgomery getting 2 or 3 of Mason's starters in foul trouble will hurt their chances greatly due to the fact that Mason Co. only plays 6 players. If I were Montgomery, I would take it to Mason's top players everytime to try to cause the foul.

I would be very surprised if Montgomery got off to the start on Mason that they did against Harrison County. I could set out and shoot the ball with consistency if I wasn't guarded and lets face it Harrison didn't guard Montgomery tonight especially in that first half. No shots were contested. Take nothing away from Montgomery County, they are nice team, have a core of 4 players that are able to step out and knock down the jumpshot, should be a great game tomorrow night. Montgomery is expected to win, Mason is not, Montgomery is the 2 time defending champ and that is a great honor and tribute to a bunch of players that love to play the game and have represented the 10th Region in great fashion the previous two years. Now.... URIT, can you break out Captain Obvious for the statements about the key of the game is getting Mason in foul trouble as they only play 6 players, that is well documented.

I think that the referees will play a huge roll in this one whether they want to or not. It depends on how the whistles are blowing. Will they let them bang inside? Will they call reach in fouls? Will they call a walk? I know that at least 6 to 8 of Mason Co.'s points tonight came after a missed traveling call. Not to say that Brossart didn't have a few themselves, some officials just allow the extra step when players go to the basket or cross the lane and dish off (that Cline has perfected). I guess we will see tomorrow night. Good luck to both, if Montgomery Co. isn't the team to go I can't think of any better team or coach that I would rather see making the trip to Bowling Green.

Turnovers and shot selection are key in this ballgame! Mason Co. can't afford to allow Montgomery Co. to have extra possessions like they did with Brossart last night! Too many bad shots or mistakes with the ball will allow Montgomery Co. to get out and running and with what I've seen out of Mason Co. and their conditioning they don't want that to happen. I can't think of the last time I've seen such a great team look out of shape this late in the season. I know D. Chambers suffers from asthma but what are the other girls excuse? :walk: