Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NIL Money and KY high school athletes

Featured Replies

I have a few questions on the rules in KY regarding high school athletes and NIL money.

Is it legal for a high school athlete to be paid by local companies for the use of their name, image, and likeness (the definition of NIL.....)

What about taking a payment from a college while they are still in high school?

I'm not making accusations or insinuations against or about anyone. I'm just trying to understand the rules. A couple of years ago, the hotshot quarterback from California who went to UT supposedly received a significant payment while still in high school. I'd like to know if that can happen here in KY.

7 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

I have a few questions on the rules in KY regarding high school athletes and NIL money.

Is it legal for a high school athlete to be paid by local companies for the use of their name, image, and likeness (the definition of NIL.....)

What about taking a payment from a college while they are still in high school?

I'm not making accusations or insinuations against or about anyone. I'm just trying to understand the rules. A couple of years ago, the hotshot quarterback from California who went to UT supposedly received a significant payment while still in high school. I'd like to know if that can happen here in KY.

Yes a Kentucky high school student or athlete can receive NIL benefits, but there are a lot of restrictions attached.

No a Kentucky high school or athlete can not receive Nil benefits from colleges while still in high school.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.