7th region tourney more difficult than state tourney?

With 5 of the top 16 (and 3 of the top 7) Lit rated teams in the 7th region, is it a stretch to say that winning the 7th region might be a more difficult/grueling proposition than winning the state tournament?

Let me also add that I am not a proponent of the Lit ratings, nor am I trying to say that Jefferson Co. has better teams year in and year out than regions out in the state. But with Ballard, Male & J'Town (and Trinity & Eastern), there may be an arguement here in 2007.

With 5 of the top 16 (and 3 of the top 7) Lit rated teams in the 7th region, is it a stretch to say that winning the 7th region might be a more difficult/grueling proposition than winning the state tournament?

Let me also add that I am not a proponent of the Lit ratings, nor am I trying to say that Jefferson Co. has better teams year in and year out than regions out in the state. But with Ballard, Male & J'Town (and Trinity & Eastern), there may be an arguement here in 2007.

It was tougher last year as well. Just look at J-Town in the Sweet 16.

The 7th and the 11th could both very well be tougher than the Sweet 16. Especially if you take into consideration some of the tougher districts in these regions.

I agree with this. Both of these regions have several teams who are among the top 10 in the state. These two regions will be a battle getting out of. That's one of the reasons tournament time excites me so much. Upsets can happen anywhere, you never know what might happen, especially in the two regions mentioned.