Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

8th Region: Week 11

Featured Replies

I have no idea how to rank this region. The first 5 are easy. Everyone will not agree of the order but 1-5 has shown all season they are the best of the region.  Ranking 6-12 is impossible. Teams have beaten teams ahead of them and then lost to teams below them. Some have lost on last second shots and others have been blown out.  So these ranking are based on common opponents scores and the eye test.  I realize that is subjective but since Jan 1, I believe that certain teams have gotten better and others have not.  I think it’s obvious that North Oldham is in a league of their own. Can Simon , South Oldham , or something else knock them off in the region?  It will be fun to watch. 

1.     North Oldham - same ole statement. They are in first place until someone proves otherwise.  I have heard that Austin Sears has already gotten D1 offers.  He is leading the team in scoring but others can score as well. Can anyone beat them in the region? 

2.     Simon Kenton- this group has won a lot of games this season and this senior class has won a lot of games in their career.  The thought on everyone’s mind. Can they win the big one? The district championship game vs Walton will be a big one to get the number 1 seed for the regions. 

3.     South Oldham- losing to North Oldham made them mad. They have been on a tear ever since. Scoring a ton of points and winning all their games since by double figures and a few by 30 plus.  They better be focus on getting past an up and down Oldham County team if they want a rematch with North Oldham in the District Champion.

4.     Walton Verona - The Bearcats are enjoying a 6 game winning streak.  They got a tough win by 3 points vs Oldham County.  This group has the weapons to go deep in the tourney. 

5.     Spencer County - what a crazy thing to think about? You are the 5th best team in the region but you could easily lose in the semi finals of the district and never get a chance to repeat.  Their district is so loaded.  

6.     Woodford County -  just like the comment last week.  What is going on in Versailles?  Woodford is a very talented bunch but they haven’t shown it in district play.  Their non-region schedule has been very tough so they could be improving even though the schedule might not reflect it. 

7.     Oldham County-  even though they suffered back to back conference loses this past week, I am giving the Colonels the 7th spot.  I could definitely understand if others disagree.  They have lost 7 games this year either by less than 4 points or in overtime.  I am giving them 7th place based on the eye test.  

8.     Collins- they are in a middle of a long losing streak. But look at their opponents. Their strength of schedule is probably 1st in the state the last 2 weeks.  The Titans have the talent to get to the region and  make some noise ! 

9.     Gallatin County -  they could easily be in the 7th spot after a huge home win vs Oldham County on Senior night.  I kept them behind Collins and Oldham because of some loses throughout the season. Gallatin is playing good basketball. Two weeks ago I would say with confidence that Henry county is the favorite to win the district but today I feel it’s a toss up… But it’s not just a two team race don’t forgot about Owen. 

10.  Henry County - I let Gallatin bump ahead of Henry mainly because of the win vs Oldham. This district tourney is going to be a fun one. It’s a three house race so it’s huge which teams stay away from each other in the semifinals. I haven’t seen a bracket yet but one of the three will walk to the championship and the other team will fight for their season with a chance to play for a championship . 

11.  Anderson County-  I am keeping them in front of Owen because their resume is better. However scoring in the 30s is a bad performance against Owen.  Anderson is not playing as well as they were a month ago.  If they want to get to the region they better turn things around. The two semifinals in District 30 will be a battle .

12.  Owens County - beating Anderson last week was the biggest win of their season in my opinion. What a great game on both ends they played .  Can they use that win to catapult them to the regions. 

13.  Shelby County- The Rockets only have 3 wins but I still think they are better than the teams below them with more wins.  They play an up and down Oldham County team this week.  That would be a great win for their program.

14.  Grant County – they have lost a lot of region games this season but they are dangerous enough to surprise someone in district play.  Simon and Walton don’t need to take them likely.

15.  Eminence County -15 wins for this group is huge.  They will get at least one more this week.

16.  Carroll County- Coach Hardens group has a chance to get to double digit wins this week vs Williamstown, Whitefield Academy , and Villa Madonna. 

17.  Cornerstone Chr- first year in KHSAA and they have a few regional wins.

18.  Trimble County- got out of last place after a 37 point win vs Williamstown

19.  Williamstown – 3 wins is not ideal with their schedule.  They are hoping for one more this week.

 

Rumor is Boone for Woodford is injured and out for the year. 

  • Author
3 hours ago, TribeTime said:

Rumor is Boone for Woodford is injured and out for the year. 

Really ?!?! From a reliable source ? 

21 hours ago, Bballjunkie said:

 I have heard that Austin Sears has already gotten D1 offers.  He is leading the team in scoring but others can score as well. Can anyone beat them in the region? 

Wouldn't surprise me with the offers. His dad has been setting him up for success since before he was born. I mean that in the best way possible. Look forward to hearing and watching the things he continues to do. Not exactly sure what grade his little brother is in but he is an up and coming dawg too. Pretty positive they will get to play together here soon. He may be in the 7th grade.

I think Sears was originally in the 2027 class but I could be wrong about that.

I like your ranking. I was at the Gallatin county/Oldham game and Gallatin got up about 14 or so late 3rd and Oldham started pressing them. It shook them and Oldham had a strong chance to win the game. In the end Gallatins seniors on senior night valued the basketball more than oldham and sr leadership won the game for them. I am a homer but I wish the seasons could start over with Oldham healthy. It is what it is. North and South are very good teams and both very well coached. Oldham almost got Kenton, kenton beat them on a last second shot but I think they were missing their point guard that game. the Oldham game with Walton Verona was anybodys game. Oldham did a great job on waltons best player but then closed out poorly on some others who burned them from deep. I have seen 12 of the 8th region teams play , and while many of them can get hot from deep and change the game, North and South Oldham are the two best I have seen, though looking at Kenton`s scores they are right there on their heels.

  • Author

Julian Myles wins Region Player of the Year.  The kid has had a great senior season in football and basketball.  A great athlete ! 

Tier 1 - North 

Tier 2 - South , SK

Tier 3 - Gap 

Tier 4 - Oldham , Spencer , WV 

Tier 5 - Woodford , Collins , Anderson 

Tier 6 - Gallatin 

I think it’s North to lose, too much size and scoring. 
 

Can OC pull the upset first round of districts?

Who comes out of 30th district? 
 

Could a team like Gallatin, Anderson, or WV get hot and make a run? It’s the best time of the year excited for the matchups the next few weeks. 
 

I think it is SK Region to lose.  They are very good and defense win championships.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.